• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hey need sum help (1 Viewer)

toomeh_arsenal

HSC
hay i went ok in my assesments...
3 bands 6's for the 1st assesments worth 10-15%

however for chemistry... i only got 50% for the assesment and im ranked about 10/30

and for ext1 math i got 50% an im ranked bout 6/20

i wantd 2 no if im screwd for the hsc, an whether theres still a chance of going well in both these subjects....
i hapened 2 ask the chem teacher he sed 3 kids from last yr got band 6, and another 4 got 89.... etc

soo juz need sum help.. i only got 11 units..
k thx...send ur advice to toomeh@hotmail.com
becauz i hav no idea how 2 chek dese forums...
thx lol
cya

(aiming for 94.5)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Welcome to BOS!

First of all, since you're a member of BOS, you might as well learn how to navigate your way around, so I'll deal with that first. You check these forums by checking the relevant threads/posts you made. You can see them under your user profile if you go to 'Members List' and click your relevant name. Don't worry, every time a new reply is made to your thread, it'll 'bump' up so when you enter the forum index/main page, it'll appear in the 'last post' column (that is, if it's the newest post made in the whole of that sub-forum).

If you're not sure of anything, or if I'm not expressing myself clearly enough, either start a new thread in the BOS Site Help Forum (which you have done here) to ask about navigating your way around the forum, or click on User CP and click 'edit options'. Scroll down and check the option 'Enable Private Messaging'. Then, you will be able to send private messages, or PMs, and you can send a PM to any of the moderators here--their names are coloured, and will be on the last column of the forum index. They will certainly be able to help explain how to navigate your way around the site

Secondly, what kind of a school do you go to? The name would be helpful, in case someone here knows about it. I can't comment on your marks or rankings otherwise. And no, you're not screwed for the HSC. You will, however, have to work much harder in order to stand a chance of getting a UAI of 94.5. Unless your school marks very hard, a 50% average will almost certainly not get you a UAI anywhere close to that. Note I said average, so try and get the best results you can in your next assessments, and especially your trials.

Try and play around with SAM (Student Asssesment Modeller) and punch in your first assessment marks. It may be disappointing for you, but if you've got a general guide as to what sort of UAI you may get, it can motivate you. If you're one of those people who just can't bear looking at a UAI that they may realistically get because it's too low, ignore this suggestion. Otherwise, if you're a person like me, who needed lots of motivation, a UAI I didn't think I was, quite frankly, bad enough to get, can really motivate you to work much harder.

Let us know how you go

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It really depends what school you go to. As marks = shit.
I got 57 for my internal bio mark and was only ranked 16/18, but achieved well in my hsc (hsc mark of 90) and that 57 turned out to be a nice 86.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)