• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hey yeah whats with the gong??? (1 Viewer)

Princess Steph

HSC
As is normal i want to move as far away as humanly possible formnowra but wollongong uni is offering this course that i really really really wanna do is there anyone who goes to gong uni? is there bands and music and pubs and fun shit? and is it hard to get to sydney?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
if you want to travel to sydney every day... good luck...

accomodation is kind of expensive in sydney prepare to pay around 8k a year minimum.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Yeah Miss - Captain plante - Wollongong is very decent but Sydney will cost ya heaps, If you just wanna live and study at wollongong uni (very decent) then you should manage!

Princess Steph

HSC
so what does one do in this "wollongong"?

yeah i know sydneys expensive and stuuf but like wollongong just seems a bit...boring? and stuff. i mean i dont really know does anyone live there? What is there 2 do, like clubs n parties and gigs n stuff? is it fun?:D

suz

HSC
On behalf of the hot girls, there aren't alot of us jokz lol

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
no.......not too many hot guys (just me i guess)...
but a lotta hot girls!
haha

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Re: so what does one do in this "wollongong"?

Originally posted by Princess Steph
like wollongong just seems a bit...boring? and stuff. i mean i dont really know does anyone live there? What is there 2 do, like clubs n parties and gigs n stuff? is it fun?:D
The Glassy, Rustys, the Unibar on Thurs not to mention the Nth Gong, Bourbon St amongst others.... theres quite a bit of variety plus you've always got the Hawks and Wolves if you're sports orientated.

Plus theres nothing better than sitting at central station catching the first train in the morning from a huge night in the city back to the 'gong and watching all the suits walk past on the station platform and glance at you while not trying to make eye contact.

Pudgedog

lot of bars, and stuff.
beaches too, if thats your kinda thing.

its like an hour trip to home for me though, so i dont get time to enjoy the..uh stuff. of wollongong.

damn.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
This is where crashing at a friends place always comes in handy, and always remember that the unibar is open at 11am, so you don't have to wait till night to start.

Pudgedog

i dont know.
for some reason i have something against getting drunk at daytime.

also the fact that i'd be getting drunk in uni isn't winning the idea any points.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I don't try and do it myself, but I can guarantee you that it does happen, there's people that spend more time at the bar than at home or uni classes. It can also be said for some of those guys who use the pool tables as some sort of life support machine. I think they are emotionally attached to them. :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by gmraso
rofl so true. you wonder if any of those guys who are constantly playing pool actually go the uni :S
I'm sure some of them failed uni and weren't allowed back in but still turn up so they don't have to tell their parents that the dollars they thought was going into their childs education was going into the money slot of a pool table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)