• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hi, where can I get the following items.. (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
babydoll_ needs the following:

1. A molecular model kit. They sell one at uni for ~$40, but i wanna to shop around and see if there any cheaper and/or better ones.

UNSW: http://www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au/cgi-bin/bookweb/search?STEXT=molecular+model&STYPE=KW&START=0

2. Butcher's paper. i want to make posters and etc to put in my room, but cbf buying a ton of cardboard. i don't know where to get butcher's paper - i've looked around at newsagents and stuff to no avail... and NO i have NOT gone to the butchers.

relevant replies appreciated

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My cousins wife is a journalist and I know whenever we have family BBQ's or whatever she gets big rolls of newspaper (before its been printed on/cutted, obviously) from the newspaper (not sure how much it costs, I don't think its OVERLY expensive), perhaps if that will do the job you could try your local newspaper
As for the molecular model kits, I think that is pretty cheap...I guess just try and get one second-hand or maybe science supply shops or something (if you get on well with your high-school teachers, go back and visit them, and ask where they get their supplies from)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
maybe I should just follow my Chemistry lecturer's suggestion that I stick jelly beans together with toothpicks so I can eat my models after I'm done with them AND save money

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
dont thank me, thank.. THE KNIFE

I mean Dr Duffy, heh

EDIT: argh why can't I find a good molecular model set!

I want one that uses round balls.. they had really good sets like that in high school :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
maybe I should just follow my Chemistry lecturer's suggestion that I stick jelly beans together with toothpicks so I can eat my models after I'm done with them AND save money
Don't laugh, we did that all the time in HSC chem...we also used the actual kits, but it was so much more fun playing with lollies.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i got a roll of butchers paper for sketching out ideas from. i picked it up randomly at ikea, there's about 12 metres of it here. i'd just try art supply stores if i were you.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Butchers paper come to my deli where I work and I give u as much as u want...otherwise u SHOULD go to the butchers, i'm sure they'd give u heaps for free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)