• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

High Court of Australia (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How do u find cases the High Court, in particular Gaal v Wilson,
How about the NSW Court of Appeals "Hardman v Director of Public Prosecutions (NSW)
Supreme Court of NSW and Registar in Probate
NSW Legislative Assembly

debugz

HSC
http://www.austlii.edu.au/
its your god.

High court = federal = commonwealth (so for high court rulings n cases, click comm link on left)

etc etc for your other questions

they have a pro search function on their also:)
glhf

L

LaraB

Korn said:
When something says s 40, what does that mean, it means section 40, right
depends where the number is - what's the whole title?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
s 40 of the University of Western Sydney Act 1997 (NSW)

L

LaraB

Korn said:
s 40 of the University of Western Sydney Act 1997 (NSW)
yup - it'd be section then...

and btw, if it says "ss" it probably would mean subsection:)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Which is the correct URL for the Supreme Court of New South Wales is lawlink the right site

Last edited:

Jacks

HSC
I did a major assignment on the high court if you need specific info on it...functions etc...but if you are looking for specific cases only then the first link given to you on this thread is a good one. You can get to related pages by going to the high court's home page http://www.hcourt.gov.au and searching through the library link...you can do case searches through there, and a lot more. Just searching generally through google though will get you all of that type of stuff, and a lot of additional info. Anyways let me know if I can help with anything specific.

Korn said:
Which is the correct URL for the Supreme Court of New South Wales is lawlink the right site
I think so, searches keep directing me there too even links through other pages. I'll keep checking but I think this is the right one.
http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/sc/sc.nsf/pages/index

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:
yup - it'd be section then...

and btw, if it says "ss" it probably would mean subsection:)

ss- refers to "Sections" (as in the plural). A subsection is shown as follows s43(1) - Section 43, subsection 1.

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
ss- refers to "Sections" (as in the plural). A subsection is shown as follows s43(1) - Section 43, subsection 1.
sorry, my bad:)

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:
sorry, my bad:)

that's ok, we haven't looked at it fully yet. Refer to Stuhmcke's book on it. It's fully cuz...

I will remind you of this tomorrow Lara in torts. Just before we start looking at the problems with zita and gina (did you understand them???)

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
that's ok, we haven't looked at it fully yet. Refer to Stuhmcke's book on it. It's fully cuz...

I will remind you of this tomorrow Lara in torts. Just before we start looking at the problems with zita and gina (did you understand them???)
lol well - my friend told me that ss stood for "subsection" i know never to listen to her again:p

man i cant even remember which one was zita n gina:p i read em this morning when i was half asleep :)

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:
lol well - my friend told me that ss stood for "subsection" i know never to listen to her again:p

man i cant even remember which one was zita n gina:p i read em this morning when i was half asleep :)

Your friend must be mistaken respectfully. Its an honest mistake, as our citations are Oxford-based.

These are the trespass problems. I strongly emphasise the word problem!

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
Your friend must be mistaken respectfully. Its an honest mistake, as our citations are Oxford-based.

These are the trespass problems. I strongly emphasise the word problem!
haha well hmm i cant remember which one that was... coz the one um..Halliday? with the cops trespassing onto the driveway was pretty straight forward but that's about all i can remember from this morning:p

i remember one was a fther and daughter to be breath tested, but was illegal as the act only allows breath testing on public roads, and the one with the company with the insurance scheme with the custoemr who came in with a camera crew unannounced...

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:
haha well hmm i cant remember which one that was... coz the one um..Halliday? with the cops trespassing onto the driveway was pretty straight forward but that's about all i can remember from this morning:p

i remember one was a fther and daughter to be breath tested, but was illegal as the act only allows breath testing on public roads, and the one with the company with the insurance scheme with the custoemr who came in with a camera crew unannounced...

Nice. You guys know what to do when you are about to be breath tested. Move onto private property claiming it is yours with your vehicle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)