Hiragana chart (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Could you ex-Jap students help me out please. I want to find a chart of all the hiragana so I can blow it up and put it on my wall, but I can't find one and I don't wanna scan my textbook (it'll bend the spine and crap, plus the book is really heavy).

In my textbooks, the first chart goes (right to left)
(no consonant), k, s, t, n, h, m, y, r, w, n; with the vowel sounds a, i, u, e, o.

The second has g, z, d, b, p with the same vowels as above.

The third chart has the k, s, t, n, h, m, r, h, z, d, b, p with the vowel sounds ya, yu and yo.

And before you tell me to copy it out, my writing isn't that good yet and I'd rather have an exemplar version to look at first.

So anyone who can help me find a chart on the net would be greatly appreciated.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Have you figured out how the system works yet? There are 48 individual characters that you learn, and the rest are just some of those with bits stuck on.

I'll find you a chart now. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok Google is doing its work. This you probably can't print off or anything, but it'll be really useful to hear the sounds etc.

http://www.gpb.org/peachstar/explorer/units/lrnactiv/hirchart/homepg.htm

This isn't a very good image, as it doesn't explain the irregular pronunciations and it doesn't list the diacritic-enhanced syllables. It is a good one to use while learning to write though, and I guess that's all you need for now. Within a month you'll be competent with both Hiragana and Katakana, so don't fret too much. The best charts are in the actual textbooks (the online ones all insist on being sound-links etc). The image is taken from here: http://www.seanspot.com/jwrite/jwrite-hiragana.htm

Just looking at this site briefly, http://www.seanspot.com/ actually looks like a really good site for beginner and intermediate students of Japanese. Go on, try it!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm sure that's all it did.

Nancy I'll take you to Abbey's where you can get your big chart. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
What? Damn!

Well, I could ask the Consulate if they still do teaching resources, or you could mail that Japanese Language Center in Victoria.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
"Circle of Friends"

University textbooks are a lot more intensive than the highschool variety.
we just got class notes and nihongo text book for hira and kana, and kantaro, i think its a maq developed book, for kanji ^^

yay 4th week and we doing kanji *jumps for joy....not*

we just started kata and we have a test in a week :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)