• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hiring periods? (1 Viewer)

hyPROglo

HSC
Hey guys. Do stores have general hiring period "windows" when they hire and when hiring stops? Or is it just if there are free positions they hire? Are there general periods i should/shouldn't come in and apply/ask for a position? As an inexperienced job hunter and one to perfectly plan "when and where" please shed some light on me for this. Thanks.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Hey guys. Do stores have general hiring period "windows" when they hire and when hiring stops? Or is it just if there are free positions they hire? Are there general periods i should/shouldn't come in and apply/ask for a position? As an inexperienced job hunter and one to perfectly plan "when and where" please shed some light on me for this. Thanks.
if your looking at big firms (kmart, woolies etc) they have online recruiting which links you to positions, but theres no harm in going in having a quick chat to the manager (if their there)

littler firms if you talk to the manager and give them a resume you usually get put on a list and they contact you when something comes up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)