• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Historical Investigation: Spring and Autumn. Help? (1 Viewer)

acre93

HSC
Hi everybody,

for my Year Eleven Historical Investigation, I want to look at philosophy during the Spring and Autumn period of Ancient China (as the title might suggest), but I've been having a few problems. I was interested in particular in investigating how the social and political reforms of the Spring and Autumn and Warring States eras shaped the philosophies of the Hundred Schools of Thought.

My problems are...

a) My school wants us to cover issues with a degree of historical debate or controversy, and I'm really having trouble finding any considerable debate inside my chosen topic. If anybody could help me with this, it would be ABSOLUTELY fantastic. Until I can find my debate, I'm not sure I'll be able to formulate a decent question.

b) I'm having trouble finding sources from the time. I'm not sure how essential these are to my presentation, and I'm hoping that using quotes from period sources that are written up in other books will suffice there.

c) Despite the first two problems, I really don't want to change topic. First of all, I'm genuinely interested in this, and second of all, I only have four or five weeks till the task is due, and I already have a considerable note base on this topic.

It'd be really good if I could get some help!
Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)