Historicity of Jesus--Expression of Interest (1 Viewer)

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi All,

I'm putting together an intensive online reading course for the Historicity of Jesus (Option 7) case study. Basically, the aim of the course is to provide students with an advanced understanding of the changing interpretations of the evidence relating to Jesus Christ. The course with span a negotiable ten week period, probably during the winter break. Students will be expected to read and prepare notes based on prescribed weekly reading drawn from a range of international scholars working in the field. To make sure students are engaged with the reading, students will be required to submit TWO written essays in response to generic HSC History Extension exam questions. Detailed feedback will be given to each student.

In accordance with the HSC History Extension--Stage 6 Syllabus, the topics to be covered include:

• The Historical Jesus: Topographical, Literary, Social, and Political Context
  • Christian Presentations of Jesus Christ: the Gospels, the New Testament, and Early Patristic Writings
  • Non-Christian Presentations of Jesus Christ: Archaeological, Classical, and Jewish Evidence
  • Quest for the Historical Jesus: Method, Approach, and Purpose in Context
  • Focus Debate: Jesus and the Politics of Identity--Prophet, Sage, Healer, Messiah, or Martyr?

Interested? Reply to this thread and let me know. It will only go ahead if I can get some interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)