Hitler's accession to power? (1 Viewer)

Nightminds00

HSC
I'm having trouble with the dot point
Hitler's accession to power and his role as fuehrer

I'm confused as to what to include in it. the political intrigue?
and does his role as the fuehrer mean at the time or throughout Nazi rule?

Any help would be appreciated :)
thankyou

rama_v

HSC
Yes you have to include the politcal intrigues and how he came to power as a legal dictator (subject to your own interpretation). This would include things like the enabling act and the manoeuvrings of Shleicher, von Papen, the elections, etc.

As for Hitler as Fuhrer, Im sure that you do need to know about his role as Fuhrer in the Nazi state but as to whether it comes under this dotpoint Im not so sure...But you do need to know it.

HSC
Our teacher gave us the following questions in regards to these points.. hope it helps you understand what needs to be covered (i also hope that's it's correct)

Hitler’s Accession to Power
1. Outline the influences on Hitler’s life from his earliest years.
2. What was the essence of the program of that set out by Hitler when he took control of the German Workers Party?
3. Where did Hitler get his enthusiasm for propaganda?
4. What was the ‘Munich Putsch’?
5. Why was Hitler given such a light prison sentence for treason instead of execution?
6. What does Mein Kampf tell us about Hitler’s agenda?

Hitler’s role as Fuehrer
1. What was the Fuhrerprinzip?
2. What were the characteristics of Hitler’s leadership style? What was true and what was developed as myth?
3. Did Hitler rule a totalitarian state?

sousou1

HSC
hay you can talk about his characteristics as a ruler. Like he was such a good speaker that he attracted so much support. Also about the way he was perceived as a saviour, a hero that saved Germany, by the German people. and when you talk about his accession to power, you have to mention the ways he tried 2 take over. first with the munich putsch but when that failed he realised the only way to gain power was to go through the democratic process. even though he hated democracy he used every opportunity he had in order to abolish democracy and rule a totalitarian state.
Anyway i believe your studying 4 ur half yearly examz? i am too lol its all so clear 2 me 2 now. anyway good luck

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
hay you can talk about his characteristics as a ruler. Like he was such a good speaker that he attracted so much support. Also about the way he was perceived as a saviour, a hero that saved Germany, by the German people. and when you talk about his accession to power, you have to mention the ways he tried 2 take over. first with the munich putsch but when that failed he realised the only way to gain power was to go through the democratic process. even though he hated democracy he used every opportunity he had in order to abolish democracy and rule a totalitarian state.
Anyway i believe your studying 4 ur half yearly examz? i am too lol its all so clear 2 me 2 now. anyway good luck

you're a little late sweetie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)