Holidays !!! (2 Viewers)

nottellingu

HSC
Anyone have any suggestions on how to make use of the holidays to improve maths abillity ???:cool:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
At the end of a typical Maths textbook or study guide there is an assortment of Maths questions from random topics and I tried them and that helped me feel more easy in the HSC Maths exam.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
nottellingu said:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to make use of the holidays to improve maths abillity ???:cool:
Yeah, I've got a good one: study.

I mean seriously, what kind of answer did you expect? No matter what time of year it is, doing exercises is the only way to effectively improve your ability.

If it really matters what we got, I got 97 in MX1 and 92 in MX2. What did I do? 20 minutes of exercises each day and no more. It worked because I was consistent.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
woah slidey, chillax, the guy just wants suggestions. . .

wat ive bin doing is thoroughly going over the topics i have trouble with or am a bit rusty with (the theory bits), and for everything, lots of hsc style questions. it really works. . . just keep practising. the more you do, the less likely the hsc question will be totally new.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Hey! I think you'd better try to complete the whole 3u pro. during this summer! We had like 6 chapters left and I've managed to complete 4 already. It's a chance to run ahead...or just like a catching-up actually. Some schools already finished 3u last terms and will spend time on 4u next year! Hix hix

undalay

HSC
Don't rush topics.

It is MUCH better to cover them thoroughly.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I've been doing past HSC papers, but using the Topic-by-Topic guide so I only cover the topics that I've already learnt.

Hoping so do some Cambridge exercises if I have time left since I just got the books :eek:.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Trust me, those exercises are worth the time :uhhuh:
Mm, do you think it was a waste of time and effort for me to have already done those past HSC papers on the topics that I've already learnt at school?

Maybe I should've spent my time doing those exercises instead, 'cause now I have the "no-more-maths" attitude after completing those past papers :eek:.

undalay

HSC
Yes, it's worth it.

Cambridge 3unit > everything else.

(not cambridge 4unit though, its quite the terrible)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Faytle said:
Mm, do you think it was a waste of time and effort for me to have already done those past HSC papers on the topics that I've already learnt at school?

Maybe I should've spent my time doing those exercises instead, 'cause now I have the "no-more-maths" attitude after completing those past papers :eek:.
No, that is quite valuable experience as well, but make sure to do those questions again at a later date, so that you become familiar to the style of HSC examination questions and revise over the topics again :) What you are doing now will reinforce your revision done at a later date :uhhuh:

Best to take a couple days off maths entirely for now, then slowly ease yourself back into doing those questions from Cambridge :)

kony

HSC
In order to improve my maths ability, I plan to do maths questions this holidays.

Prosper

HSC
kony said:
In order to improve my maths ability, I plan to do maths questions this holidays.
Too bad they are now over, school tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)