homebake (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
mmm this is prolly a bit late to put the call out, but anyway... is anyone else going to homebake on saturday?

if i don't see the katalyst set i may kill myself...

:guitar: :headbang: :disco:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
AAAARRRGH!!!

if the train lines don't opn up by 7:37 tomorrow morning, i can't go. :(

no refund either. :(

but in perspective i suppose my house isn't threatened by fire.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hooray. trains opened up a bit, as did the F3, so we managed to get a train/bus/bus from newcastle to the domain. had a great day... 12 till 10. my thoughts on individual performances... bah i'll post em later.

mannnn i'm buggered... but oh well :D

Christine

beige member
HSC
yea it was an excellent day!

You am I, just blew me away (as they always do) and Grinspoon was just amazing, the vibe was unbelievable!!

I was surprised that the crowd was much older this year.
Not so many teenagers as usual?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
AHHHHHH!!! i'm so jealous of you guys =(

did anyone see speedstar* at the acoustic stage??? if so, how were they?????

i was gonna go JUSt to see speedstar, cos i'm really into their music atm... but none of my friends wanted to go and i didn't wanna be a nigel...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ooh!!!!!! christine!!! u r SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky!

how was grinspoon???

did they play CHAMPION ?? ROCKSHOW ? SECRETS? MORE THAN U ARE? tell me more.. what did they play?

Christine

beige member
HSC
yea they played, secrets,more than u r, i'm not sure bout the other 2 tho!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
righto. back from seal rocks (left day after homebake: slept all the way up :sleep: )...

overall an excellent day, and a very good first homebake. only regret is that i should have bought a few extra $$$ to buy a screenprinted tshirt (as it was i got a choice 70's button-up shirt). damn that thing is like a cool t-shirt convention.

short reviews:

jet: saw about 3/4 of their set. didn't get to see them play "take it or leave it" though, which annyoed me. all right, but not that amazing.

offcuts: i caught the end of their set, which was pretty good.

katalyst: up and down a bit. they just did a dj set, which was sort of annoying. they did have their moments though.

eskimo joe: they go pretty well live. i got about 20 minutes of their set.

wicked beat sound system: did an excellent live set. saw most of it...

jebediah: they were really good, which is odd, cos i don't like their records much at all.

salmonella dub: were excellent. their set was reeeally good. this was also the point in the day at which i got passively stoned enough to think i could dance well :p ("if ye got a spliff on ya, now be da time to light it, we got 45 minutes to mess you up" -- salmonella dub frontman)

machine gun fellatio: put on a good show, balloons, wedding dresses and all. ("light - emmiting - diode - thankyou wollongong!")

gerling: ooh this was a disappointment, well what i saw of it anyway. their set finished 20 minutes early, at which point i ran back to mgf.

1200 techniques: they put on a really good set, and their dj james de la cruz did some really good fillers between other acts in the big top.

pnau: were probably my highlight of the night. their bass player (and their dj, and the rest of em) was excellent, and they were all really into it... i was still dancing to their set on the bus home (but that may have had more to do with all the pot being smoked :)). excellent.

grinspoon: also went off. we had to leave at about 9:30 though cos one of our number was feeling ill and had just had a nap in the st johns caravan.

that was such an excellent day.

Dahvood

johnson - I saw speedstar :)
they were alright. i hadn't heard much of their stuff before, and I was feeling a bit crook so i can't say i appreciated them as much as I could have, but they were good none the less :)

I saw eskimo joe at home bake last year, and they were just as good this year :) i sooo need to get thier album, 'girl'

we saw a bit of jebediah, but wandered off in search of shade because one of ours seemed to be suffering from heat stroke of sorts :-/

uhm, george was excellent. that chick is so scary with her singing! i haven't appreciated that before, because good singing happens all the time when they can sing through computers, but she was damn good live

i avoided gerling this year lol. i've seen a bit of them before and they were boring, so i missed them

grinspoon was worth the trip just by themselves :) I saw them at kanga, in manly a little while back, but i thought they were much better this time around :) hafta go see them again when i get the opertunity

saw alex lloyd aswell. not too sure what to say about him. nice enough stuff, but the performance didn't excite me too much

pitty one dollar short was missing this year. seen them twice already :)

anyhow, a pretty sweet day :) can't wait for next year

Christine

beige member
HSC
personally i didn't think homebake was homebake because there was no living end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah, speedstar are ammmmazing. it's kinda depressing and i have nfi how you would listen to them live cos mosta their music is kinda non-head-bangable-moshy typa stuff...

but the guy's got a heaps mad voice. just like KATIE FREAKIN NOONAN! can you believe it... my friends saw the band when they were in brissie, after surfer's schoolies.. but i LEFT EARLY so i MISSED OUT ON SEEING GEORGE and talking to them and getitng photo's!!!

WTH?!?!?!?! arrrgh. i'm so pissed off with that!

and yes, they're amazing, i am hpoing to see them at opera house next january with the sydney symphony orchestra or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)