honours in law (1 Viewer)

mrdaviyang

HSC
anyone know how this works?
cos i heard that it doesnt involve an extra year of uni like in some other courses.

1000words

HSC
mrdaviyang said:
anyone know how this works?
cos i heard that it doesnt involve an extra year of uni like in some other courses.
Hi Mrdaviyang,

The award of Honours in Law is based on your academic performance throughout your degree in relation to other graduates of that year and the allocated number of Honours awards by the Law School. If successful, you would graduate with a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours).

Other courses have 'an Honours year', an extra year comprising of different things depending on the course (i.e. thesis, coursework, etc). These are generally three-year straight courses. If successful, for example, you would graduate with The Honours Degree of Economics.

Employers and people who know the university award system will know the difference based on the course you do.

I hope that helps!

Regards,
David

mrdaviyang

HSC
1000words said:
Hi Mrdaviyang,

The award of Honours in Law is based on your academic performance throughout your degree in relation to other graduates of that year and the allocated number of Honours awards by the Law School. If successful, you would graduate with a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours).
does anyone know what sorta grades u need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)