Hours? (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Seeing as we got the 'you are officially in year 12... yada yada ya' talk the other day, I was wondering how people found it balancing work and school.

So how many hours do you work a week at your job? Is it too much/not enough...?

[Edit]

Forgot to say mine... I'll be doing 19 this week. I have 2 jobs at the moment, one is 6 hrs a week, the other varies. I'd prefer a few less though...

Last edited:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
when i was at school i worked during the weekend for around 8 hours. it was pretty tiring, so when i got home i did no study, just sleep. now at uni, i only work once a week for 8 hours. its too much because its a shitty job and it takes away my only non weekend/ non uni day.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I didn't work at all during the HSC (or high school for that matter), now Im at uni I do 38-42 hours a weeks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I didn't work at all during the HSC (or high school for that matter), now Im at uni I do 38-42 hours a weeks
you work 38-42 hours?? and also go to uni? how do you find the time, i need secrets from people like you! uni is like a full time job, they recommend 40hrs of study (including assignments, classes, tutes) per week.

Generator

HSC
N/A
HSC year: 18 hours a week that went down to 9 with time off the day before an exam throughout the actual HSC period.
Uni: 12 hours a week.

My life is easy.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Year 12, I worked 8 hours one day a week.

Uni, I work 10 hours a week.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
iambored said:
you work 38-42 hours?? and also go to uni? how do you find the time, i need secrets from people like you! uni is like a full time job, they recommend 40hrs of study (including assignments, classes, tutes) per week.
I go to uni 2 days and work the other 5. Just takes a lot of organisation with assignments and stuff, things that are due on a Friday have to be handed in by Tuesday etc. Study in my lunch breaks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I go to uni 2 days and work the other 5. Just takes a lot of organisation with assignments and stuff, things that are due on a Friday have to be handed in by Tuesday etc. Study in my lunch breaks.
ok, i admire people who can do so much and hope i can do it one day without collapsing from tiredness. but since you're at uni for 2 days that makes more sense, with my timetable i couldn't fit that many hours.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
doin 17 hrs on the weekends during uni + 2/3 hrs of tutoring.
work as much as possible in the holidays :p

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
6 hours on saturdays...and used to be, on top of that, 2hrs on thursday nights.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I didn't work at all during the HSC
i would have loved to have done that last year but my bitch slut manager said we couldn't

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i havent worked at all during the HSC except i have to work 3 and a half hours on saturday even though i still have one exam left
. but its cool
i hopefully will get this job tonight

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ms 12 said:
Ms 12 said:
one word for you...INSANE!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Goddamn...while that much income would be sweet, I value my 'nothing' time too much.

That being said, I have a lot of admiration for people who take on such full schedules, as insane as they may seem. Like my friend at uts -full time- who works two jobs, plus writes for music magazines, plus tutors, plus hosts a radio show, voluntarily, on top of that. I just couldn't do it.

Last edited:

helloyo

yeah, i'm such a lazy bastard that i can't work too much. luckily i finished two subjects for the hsc already, so now i get 12 free periods a week. i sort of want to make something of myself so i've been working a little bit and boy is money sweet!

last summer holidays me and my friend spent the whole time bitching about not having work, well more to the point: money. we couldn't go anywhere, do anything, and it was very annoying. he was also doing nothing else, so he just wasted time, and just spent time moping around.

when i think about that now i'm glad that i have a job, but its annoying not having a weekend like my lazy friends do. i love it how whenever something is on and people are like "i don't have any money" and stuff like that you can go everytime, and not have to worry about money.

i only work about 9 hours a week though, but thats plenty of money for me. the problem is that i work the registers at woolies, so its very tedious. woolies actually pays very well though. and in a couple of weeks time when i'm cruising to the beach in a nice car, or heading up the coast with mates buying more beer then we can drink i'll know it was all worth it.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im on a part time contract which i am only supposed to work 12 hours a week on (which atm i am finding way to many, considering i really wanna focus on yr 12 next yr)... but recently i have been rostered on to do 18-25 hours a week........it really sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)