• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how 2 study for it? (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
ive got a realy bad scoool teacher, and theres no I T textbook or excel book that i can study from, can anyone recommend any books or how to get a range of notes for i t?

wallid

HSC
thats maad thank you so much, been looking forsomething like that everywhere, does that basically ocver everything you need to no?

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wallid
does that basically ocver everything you need to no?
Well yer,
i think it covers at least 90% of what u need to know.
Alot of students go there for resourses n stuff (i think)'.

Oh and make sure u know ur microsoft office (excel, word etc)
like the back of ur hands.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
The matrix stuff is Java Script downloaded from one of dose free java script websites but stay tuned for a full revamp of the website. I just got dreamweaver and have been playing wit it.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
i studied for IT by sitting in front of my computer and making mistakes... seriously i looked at the notes and just played around till i got it right....

you cant really do that with the OH&S stuff tho.. its a good idea to make sure you know that

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
btw kool java Andrew_Blackwell i have just started fiddling with dreamweaver as well.. lots of late nights and coffee but its just so much fun!!!

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PrincessSJ
lots of late nights and coffee but its just so much fun!!!
Talk about late nights with coffee and dreamweaver.
I can only remember late nights with coffee and Flash MX. Woke up the next morning with sore eyes, could barely open them.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I was the same with Flash. A friend of mine gave me these cool CD's to learn flash with 6 hours of this guy who created it showing you how to do stuff. I watched the first one and then started playing around. Its a massive program and so is dreamweaver.

Im writing this also to see if I can have my name on every post in IT. Yes I win Winston (LOL)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
I was the same with Flash. A friend of mine gave me these cool CD's to learn flash with 6 hours of this guy who created it showing you how to do stuff. I watched the first one and then started playing around. Its a massive program and so is dreamweaver.

Im writing this also to see if I can have my name on every post in IT. Yes I win Winston (LOL)
HAHAHA, you're the ultimate strangest teacher ever :p... haha do whatever you want, maybe you should take Mod-ship of it now, i'd recommend it to the admins :)...

Anyways, how's SDD going? I found some VB.NET E-Guides i have, do you want any of them?

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
VB.Net is going well. At the moment Im trying to create the guess game in it. Al of the VB abd VBA stuff works in it except for loading a form already created.

I can load a new from if i do this

Dim easyfrm as New Form()

but I cant load a second form

I looking into MDI parents and children at the moment what do you think?

Got helps of resources and none of them tell you how to load a form

Winston

HSC
VB.Net is going well. At the moment Im trying to create the guess game in it. Al of the VB abd VBA stuff works in it except for loading a form already created.

I can load a new from if i do this

Dim easyfrm as New Form()

but I cant load a second form

I looking into MDI parents and children at the moment what do you think?

Got helps of resources and none of them tell you how to load a form
When you say load, you do mean say you're in Form 1, and you have a button, and when clicked you "Show" Form 2, correct? if so, you've got the basic idea where you said load a new form

the correct term for that is, creating a new instance of the actual class. or namely "instantiate"

so say you got Form2, that's the name of it

so you'll go

Dim mySecondForm as new Form2()

mySecondForm.show()

you can either do .show() or .showdialog()

show just shows the form, as oppose to showdialog, wat happens is, when the second form appears, the first form can't be clicked on, just like when you go into a program and go to like Tools> and Options (mainly in Office you'll see this), the Options form, will be shown as a dialog, and the actual entire word program cant be clicked on until the Options dialog is closed.

Winston

HSC
Nope already done

easyfrm.show()

its not working either
u got MSN or ICQ yet?

wallid

HSC
what did all you guys get in your I T exam? is it possible to not have done any work from year 11 until now (all we do is play games, teacher doesnt teach at all) , and still get a high I T mark, just study yourself?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by wallid
what did all you guys get in your I T exam? is it possible to not have done any work from year 11 until now (all we do is play games, teacher doesnt teach at all) , and still get a high I T mark, just study yourself?
Yea study yourself, just make sure ur teacher ticks u off for comptetancy tasks, or else work done in class is a waste of two yrs and not getting ur certificate 2.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
As for the Modship no I dont think it is good idea. I think that someone should do it other than a teacher and let a student mod. If there are any dramas I can step in and help.

Although I wouldn't mind whatever.

Still havn't got MSN or ICQ couldn't be bothered. I get what I want when I want so there really isn't any point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)