• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How can I get a 14 to a 15? (1 Viewer)

Avoodibaba

HSC
Hey all,

I have used this story since the start of the year for multiple tasks, going from 12-13-14/15. I got the 14 in my trials, which i was very happy with. However, to counterract my poor other results I wish to get full marks in this and reading task (which i did in the trials) because for me these are the sections where i can grab them easily.

So, in general (my story is a bit complex to outline as it's full of little subtle techniques), what would be the main factor that stops something like a short story from achieving full marks?

I have a nagging suspicion that it may have been a lack of incorporating the stimulus, but i thought i did that decently and the stupid markers didnt give me any criticism...

(I know its hard to give advice when you haven't read the story but this is just asking for general advice, especially from those who have found themselves in a similar position and found out where they went wrong).

Thanks for your time :angel:

gabgab

HSC
Hey,

Honestly, sometimes it is purely a matter of personal opinion.

The person who marked your story may have given you a 14/15 because they didn't identify with it, but someone who did identify might give you full marks.

Also, its a matter of comparison.

You may have been unlucky in that someone with an amazing story was marked before yours, and the marker didn't think yours was on the same level. (not having read it, I'm only guessing)

Personally, I'd march up to the staff room, crash tackle the person who marked your story, and DEMAND to know why you didn't get full marks, and why you didn't receive any feedback to help you improve.

Furthermore, were there any, and i mean ANY mistakes? Because the short story section is based on the control of your writing...

Other than that, without reading it, I can't help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)