How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This thread reminds me of back when I did IPT in 2005.

After the exam, everyone was talking about how easy it was and how they finished ultra early whereas I was writing right up until the last second before pens down. Then on BoS a lot of people were claiming the exam was easy yet I thought it was quite challenging.

I got an SR.

The point is just because others find it easy, doesn't mean they did well or you didn't.

friend177

HSC

After the exam, everyone was talking about how easy it was and how they finished ultra early whereas I was writing right up until the last second before pens down. Then on BoS a lot of people were claiming the exam was easy yet I thought it was quite challenging.

I got an SR.

The point is just because others find it easy, doesn't mean they did well or you didn't.
Wow nice you do the same subject as me, do you have to come like in the top 20 to get a state rank.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow nice you do the same subject as me, do you have to come like in the top 20 to get a state rank.
I think it depends on the number of people taking the subject. From memory IPT only quoted top 10 as there were less than 10,000 students; for subjects with more than 10,000 I believe it's top 20. Less than 1,000 students is top 5.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

I got an SR.

LOL omg I feel exactly like you. :D I found the first few questions of section II more challanging than the later questions, mostly becaause it didn't start off like a normal paper. It asked like skills on story board, contents page, then like two databases questions in a row with a weird communication scenario lol

~85% of the communications topic was left out. No error detection, no topologies, no routers/modems descriptions, no NOS, hardly any OSI model stuff. Even for databases, there was no scehmas (ERDs), no decision tables or DFDs, Lol and multimedia like nothing was asked for the calculations (which I haven't seen much of in recent years) or like emerging trends. But the exam comprised with a lot of ethical and social issues which was expected. It was a fair exam, just structured very differently to previous exams imo, in terms of topics they tested. and omg one of the multiple choice, something was telling me the one I was going to pick was right, but I didn't put it :( cause I couldn't verify if it was right. I looked at my notes and went OH man 1 mark gone lol

and the context one was weird as well.

Also the 2nd last one I'm pretty sure it was OLAP. OLAP can be used as a tool.

Proof:

http://www.1keydata.com/datawarehousing/toololap.html

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/OLAP.html

OLAP: "Short for Online Analytical Processing, a category of software tools that provides analysis of data stored in a database. OLAP tools enable users to analyze different dimensions of multidimensional data. For example, it provides time series and trend analysis views. OLAP often is used in data mining."

A what if analysis would take way too long on "very large amounts of data" + I read OLAP is used to analysed hidden trends for data mining, used for marketing of products to specific customers [Target marketing].

Last edited:

nZep

HSC
When i was checking through my papers at the end i noticed that i missed out a three marker in Multimedia systems. I was so pissed!! i dno how i did it :( and it was such an easy question :(

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
BUMP. Did people do design storyboards or did they do hierarchical (I did both, but im sure they were only asking for linear,nonlinear etc...) multi was a bitc...... GIS was easy guys lol, but I agree half of the syllabus wasnt even in the test.. like for those doing multimedia, nothing on lossless/lossy, nothing on lcd VS plasma VS projectors, bit map vs vectors...
Lol yeah I know! That's why the test felt "empty" in a sense, but filled with like questions with ethics and social issues. eh I'll guess I'll benefit from all this knowledge at uni.

maQ

HSC
N/A
I thought that the BOS exam setters forgot to use the sylabus...
it was such a standardized exam, with the same format of each of the option questions
all in all, i studied hard, but it asked the most redundant questions, kinda reminded me of an english exam (not sure if i got it right or completely wrong)
Well have to wait until the scored come back :S

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
it was such a standardized exam, with the same format of each of the option questions
all in all, i studied hard, but it asked the most redundant questions, kinda reminded me of an english exam (not sure if i got it right or completely wrong)
Agreed, this exam only focused on one aspect of certain topic. I thought stuff like, error checking/ correction, image resoltion calculation, file size calculation, information processing, would be in it.

Anyways, did anyone complete the block diagram in AMS and think they got 100%.

bluemac13

HSC
i did the same thing.

HSC 2011 English standard, maths general, legal studies, business studies, IPT, senior science ATAR AIM: 68+

bluemac13

HSC
same here don't know geused most of them.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
I may or may not have screwed IPT up. Lucky it's not going to count for me.
70 at the very best for me :/

na110793

HSC
Actually happy with my effort in IPT. Got 74% in my trials, and I didn't really study. Hopefully after the effort I put for the actual HSC, I get a good mark.

Ezalb

HSC
There were no context or data-flow diagrams that we had to draw?!

Cameron298

HSC
I think I did alright considering the ambiguity of the questions. When writing answers it felt like you had to make up too much to answer the question. There is going to be a lot of subjective marking going on for this exam. Hoping for 90+, but I'm not so sure. Transaction Processing Systems were way stuffed up. Way too ambiguous for a specific exam.

joezia

HSC
MC 18/20
Q21-23 30-35/40
Q25 18-19/20
Q28 17/20

83-91/100

Hoping for a band 6 at least, cut off should be lower than last years i reckon this paper was harder and alot of people agree, i think last years was 85 not too sure

Last edited:

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
I'm getting worried now, because i've bombed out on my last two exams, i'm coming to the realisation that IPT might actually count for me. It is by this realisation that i regret not putting more effort into it in terms of internals and studying for the external.
FML.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)