How do I best prepare for year 11? (1 Viewer)

yao_jahang

HSC
Hey I’m on yr 10 and just wondering what id the best way to prepare for yr 11 as I’m looking for a 95+ star to get into medicine.

my subjects are
3u maths
Chem
Bio
Pdhpe
Society and cultur
E2u English

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Some subjects you can learn ahead easily by yourself or with help of a tutor. These ones are 3u maths and the sciences, for these it might be a good idea to go ahead and try learn some of the first few topics (maths) or first module (sciences) by using textbooks your school has assigned. By having a head start for a few topics you will be able to consolidate your learning a 2nd time when you cover it again at school as you will already be somewhat familiar with it. In doing this just in keep mind you don't need to cover the whole syllabus by yourself before you start Year 11, so just do what is easy to manage for time, while still enjoying your Year 10. For the other subjects like english it might not be possible to learn ahead as you don't know what your texts are going to be and the order they are taught.

may22

HSC
Make sure you have a solid understanding of the skills you've picked up from year 7-10. If you know which teachers you are likely to have, it might be a good idea to speak to them about the subject and see if they recommend any resources for you to get ahead (I did this with my chem teacher as I knew who it would be, and managed to get a good headstart)

If you know your texts for English, maybe start reading them to familiarise yourself with them. Even if you don't fully understand the concept, or you don't go the full length of annotating the text, it gives you a good idea of what you'll be looking at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)