How do I catch up on things I haven't been taught? (1 Viewer)

ayecee

HSC
So after my software trial, I and the rest of my class has realised that there are so many things which we simply haven't been taught in class. Given we still have an assignment task to go before, and don't know any of the electives and about 40% of the rest of the course, what is the best way to catch up before hsc?

The thought of summarising my text book is intimidating because it's huge, there is no way I'm going to learn it all from my teacher, and I'm not 100% certain that hsc online has all the content that I need.

Someone please help!!
Thanks in advance, Adrian :)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
So after my software trial, I and the rest of my class has realised that there are so many things which we simply haven't been taught in class. Given we still have an assignment task to go before, and don't know any of the electives and about 40% of the rest of the course, what is the best way to catch up before hsc?

The thought of summarising my text book is intimidating because it's huge, there is no way I'm going to learn it all from my teacher, and I'm not 100% certain that hsc online has all the content that I need.

Someone please help!!
Thanks in advance, Adrian :)
Have you tried youtube?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
grab study notes off someone else here on BoS, compare them to your textbook, see what it does and doesn't say so you can cut down on a little bit of the content.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
grab study notes off someone else here on BoS, compare them to your textbook, see what it does and doesn't say so you can cut down on a little bit of the content.
exactly, as above!

Use the site, go the resources section, download the notes, and google the noets your after, see what comes, up. ask you teacher for notes, see if any kids at your class made any notes. ask people on these forum.

Google is worldwide, is your friend, search Google, if I did the subject, I would've give you my notes,

good luck, going to a liberray and search for different books, might help you to find the information you might need. how knows you might find what you after in the liberray.

nifkeh

HSC
software is content heavy in some areas like IPT, except for the coding parts

for the content/theory, I suggest just reading the textbook/skimming instead of writing notes + reading it, as taking notes is doable, but time consuming. if you're using the samuel davis textbook, lol it is HUGE and some parts end up to be too detailed rubbish anyway that isn't technically required for the HSC.

then especially for coding and content, to consolidate this knowledge, do some past papers. I understand that software design is a little scarce in this area, so do some HSC papers (from the website) and get any school's trials you can find. There are CSSA trials for software design, so if you could get your hands on them it'd really help you out along with the hsc

if you do at least 5 past papers, your knowledge should be lot better then than what it is currently. and you have to practice and remember in the long run, rather than short term cramming. good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)