• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do i compare my school assessment marks? (1 Viewer)

wil20

im trying to find out if i did better in physics or chemistry this year for my school assessment mark .The BOS website hasnt given out our rankings based on scool assessments yet so I have no idea. The only thing i know is that in my school, form my school report, my ranking as a percentile for both subjects were exactly the same, and my chem course mark was .5 % higher than my phys course mark.
The reason i want to know this is because i have already done, what I think are my best 10 units (including chem), and want to know if phys will count for me tomoro...
Does anyone hav any idea how i could find out whihc subject i did better at school assessment s?
thanks

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Your physics and chemistry marks can only be made comparable if both courses at your school are being taken by roughly the same group of students. Not just if both courses are being taken by the same number of students, but if they're being taken by the same actual students.

If this is not the case, you simply cannot compare marks between the two courses. You will have to wait until the scaling procedure is performed on the 2004 HSC marks (because scaled marks are comparable between courses).

On the other hand, if this is the case, and you already know that your percentile is exactly the same for both courses, you can conclude that you have performed equally as well in both courses.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Keep in mind that your assessment only forms 50% of your final HSC mark.

The other 50% comes from the HSC exam.

Your performance in each exam could determine whether or not that course counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)