• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do i distinguish my work? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Hey,

One of the requirements is to make a creative piece, yes? And another requirement is to do research, and change your assignment halfway because of your research. Thing is, im hoping to write a romantic/fantasy short story. In my proposal how can i get good marks? How can I convince my teacher that I can write a story that will be different, and not cliched?

And I've pretty much worked what im going to write. Heck, i've been thinking of it since primary school, so i've already made heaps of changes. ehhee, how do i research a fantastical short story anyway? And how could my research change my story?

lol, im kinda bamboozled.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Not necessarily creative, it can be critical or analytical also or a combination of all three

Jinglebell

HSC
and you don't HAVE to change your idea, it just often happens. for research, read stories of the genre/style you're thinking of doing, look at the conventions etc

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
and you don't HAVE to change your idea, it just often happens.
Yeah I agree totally. My idea really just evolved and changed over the whole process.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
oh k. So what, i just propose idea in Proposal? hehe, ok, i'll do that. Thanks for the prompt replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)