How do I make a really good extension history major (tips) (1 Viewer)

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, just want some general tips on making a really good Ext. His major

buriza

conviction
HSC
(1) Research. It is the backbone of your major work. Select relevant sources that would be effective to include in your essay.

(2) Always make sure what you are discussing is about how the historians perceive your chosen event/personality.

(3) Be critical about the historians you have chosen. Why do they perceive your chosen event/personality in the way that they have?

(4) Footnotes are good for clarifying and are not involved in the word count. I would advise you use them as much as possible. Assume that the marker knows very little about your chosen event/personality.

(5) Quotes are useful if they help support your point. For example, you can use a quote that reflects your historian's bias.

(6) Ultimately draw to a confident conclusion. Sitting on the fence should be avoided unless it really is appropriate to the event/personality you have chosen.

(7) In drawing to a confident conclusion, make sure this conclusion actually answers the question you have created yourself. Do not derail. After all, you would have spent all those months trying to find an answer to such a question.

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, how many body paragraphs do you think I should have

Im currently doing 8, but im thinking of condensing it to 6

buriza

conviction
HSC
Also, how many body paragraphs do you think I should have

Im currently doing 8, but im thinking of condensing it to 6
I would recommend that you spend one body paragraph on each historian you are discussing. I had 6 body paragraphs as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)