How do I memorise my quotes better and more succinctly? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Active recall!! Personally as lame as it sounds, I recite all of my quotes a bunch of times to my mum in the week before exams, and it’s never failed me

Vall

HSC
Here's what I did (the night before each english exam lol)
1. Put the first letter of each quote together for each paragraph and then think of something to remember that if you can (e.g. one of my 1984 paragraph's first letters was OWAHDM which sorta sounds like my english teacher's name)
2. Write out the quotes a number of times (I did this at least 4 times). On the first time writing it out you'll probably find you need to look at the quotes to remember it but by the third and fourth writings you shouldn't need to peek.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I think the process of writing down whatever you want to memorise is far more effective than repeated recitation. You should write it down, try to recall, try writing it down again as far as you can by recall, referring to the original the parts you cannot recall. Repeat this process until you can recall successfully.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Is it best to just compose essays (and add in quotes) on the day, or should I memorise the whole thing?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I tended to memorise paragraphs as opposed quotes. This meant that I really only needed to think of topic sentences during the test. For me at least I also found it easier to memorise it this way, I guess it suited my strengths well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)