How do I study in the holidays effectively? (1 Viewer)

DiValdez

HSC
So far my first assessment tasks were just 10-15% and did good in all of them except english

I have 6 weeks and I'd like to use them effectively with all my subjects

Biology (Aiming for a band 6)
Chemistry (Aiming for a Band 6)
2u Maths (Aiming for a band 6)
PDHPE (Aiming for a band 6)
Standard english (aiming for band 5)

Dark Flame

HSC
My plan for the holidays (if i can stick to it) is to pick one subject a week and each week study for 1 hour a day for 5 days.
Day 1: Summarise the terms work. Better to do it now than later when we are all stressed. Keep it simple, headings and dot points.
Day 2: Revise and pick problem areas in the work already covered
Day 3: Practice essays and questions from textbooks/past HSC papers. Aim for things that adress the problem areas.
Day 4: Same as day 3

Good luck! Don't over work yourself. Try to relax on the 2 days a week that you aren't studying.

Hazballs

HSC
So far my first assessment tasks were just 10-15% and did good in all of them except english

I have 6 weeks and I'd like to use them effectively with all my subjects

Biology (Aiming for a band 6)
Chemistry (Aiming for a Band 6)
2u Maths (Aiming for a band 6)
PDHPE (Aiming for a band 6)
Standard english (aiming for band 5)
Wow, we're pretty much doing the same subjects except i dropped chemistry because we have to do SOR at our school but meh..

Basically what i'm doing is working through all the holiday work that we were set and finalise all my notes for term 4. Once i've done this i'll probably start doing some practice questions on the first term to reinforce it and then go ahead next terms work. I'm thinking about maybe going to the TSFX summer school lectures but i don't really know at the moment.. But yeah, not really planning on doing that much

Riaa

HSC
For me personally, I would solely concentrated on maths and English in the holidays.
Start your creative writing for English (i.e. start idea planning, structuring etc etc). Read some of your prescribe texts and always be on the look out for possible related texts.
Practice is the key with maths so I would recommend you know the concepts (especially the process driven ones = 80% of the paper) and do as many questions as possible.

Find what study method works best for you. Some like to write notes, others like to read aloud etc etc

Don't burn yourself out. Relax, relax, relax :) There should be a balance :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
No one is considering going ahead with term 1 work?

I have basically finished my notes for term 4 and just have to consolidate on them, actually learn them and be able to do past paper questions on the content. Apart from this, finish all the holiday work obviously and then at make a start on the new topic. For economics and business, hopefully i will finish topic 2 for both. At least starting your creative is a must though, my english teacher set finishing our creative as one part of our hw.

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I had just 10-15% tasks on this term. I got:
Studies of Religion: 100% (Viva-voce)
Modern History: 76% (Section 1 of HSC paper)
Business Studies: 84% (Exam)
General Maths: 89% (Exam)
Economics: 85% in first essay and then 80% in first in class quiz
English: 50% (Speaking task)

Aside from some economics work I've been set (not to mention a couple of exercises on financial maths), I'm just focusing on English. I got a tutor and am working hard every day on it. I do have better things to do these holidays, than English but it'll drag down my ATAR moreso than if I did just as bad in any other subject and could cost my getting into the uni degree I want to get into.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I had just 10-15% tasks on this term. I got:
Studies of Religion: 100% (Viva-voce)
Modern History: 76% (Section 1 of HSC paper)
Business Studies: 84% (Exam)
General Maths: 89% (Exam)
Economics: 85% in first essay and then 80% in first in class quiz
English: 50% (Speaking task)

Aside from some economics work I've been set (not to mention a couple of exercises on financial maths), I'm just focusing on English. I got a tutor and am working hard every day on it. I do have better things to do these holidays, than English but it'll drag down my ATAR moreso than if I did just as bad in any other subject and could cost my getting into the uni degree I want to get into.
ah, you're aiming for USYD as well. I know how it feels to try and get that atar with average scaling subjects, i also do general maths, business, SOR1 along with economics but that is quite good for scaling. You basically have to kill these subjects to get 94 +

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)