How do internals affect ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Sus24

HSC
Currently doing accelerated MX1, and now that first assessment results have come through was wondering how they will affect my potential ATAR?

Epicman69

HSC
Currently doing accelerated MX1, and now that first assessment results have come through was wondering how they will affect my potential ATAR?
internal results do not matter, it is only your rank within your school that will affect your atar. Essentially when giving out your school mark part of your HSC mark, NESA just looks at your rank within your school cohort for that subject and also the marks your cohort gets in the HSC exam and allocate the school marks accordingly with the gaps between each rank. For example a very simplified version would be like, if Student A is ranked 1, they will get the Highest School mark possible whereas Student B who is ranked 5, Nesa will try to give them the 5th highest ranked examination mark (mark for the actual HSC) for their school mark.

These 2 marks are then averaged to give you the final HSC marks for example, School Mark of 89 and Exam (HSC) mark of 91 = Final mark of 90

Then these marks are scaled by UAC and then calculated into an ATAR.

Edit: I say internal results do not matter only for the final HSC mark calculations. THEY MOST DEFINITELY DO MATTER IN YOUR EDUCATION AND AS A WAY TO GAUGE HOW PREPARED YOU ARE FOR THE HSC. Also your ranks ofc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)