How do the UAC preferences work? (1 Viewer)

jskeza

HSC
N/A
Hi I have 2 questions regarding the UAC preferences process:

1. So you get to choose 5 courses on UAC. If I get an ATAR high enough for all of the courses, will I get an offer from all of the preferences? I am asking this because I am still not sure on my preferences and I want to be able to change it around after getting my ATAR.

2. Say the scholarship requirement for UOW was 95 and for USYD was 99. If I got a 95 ATAR and my 3rd preference was UOW whereas my 1st preference was USYD, would I still be considered for the UOW scholarship? Also with does placing a certain Uni as your 1st preference make it more likely that you will get the scholarship at that uni (assuming you get the required ATAR).

Thanks for the help.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
1) If you get an atar high enough for all the courses, you will only get an offer for the highest preference.

2) I'm not sure about scholarships but I think it must be your first preference in order to get a scholarship. However I'm not 100% sure..

jskeza

HSC
N/A
1) If you get an atar high enough for all the courses, you will only get an offer for the highest preference.

2) I'm not sure about scholarships but I think it must be your first preference in order to get a scholarship. However I'm not 100% sure..
Do you have to accept your offer for your first preference? If you reject it will you get an offer from your next preference?
Also are you able to change course preferences after you receive your ATAR? I heard you can but I can't find anything confirming this.
Thanks for the reply btw.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have to accept your offer for your first preference? If you reject it will you get an offer from your next preference?
Also are you able to change course preferences after you receive your ATAR? I heard you can but I can't find anything confirming this.
Thanks for the reply btw.
If you reject it you can most definitely get an offer from your next preference. You just have to wait for the next round, and if you've met the atar then there's no reason to worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)