How Do U Choooose??? (1 Viewer)

bambii

HSC
ok... the four areas im looking at are: Medicine, Law, Business and Fashion.
I know fashion is really different from the rest but yeeeeh. Any advice on choosing a path????

tennille

HSC
It really depends on what you like. Do you enjoy science more than law? Are you studying legal studies? How do you enjoy that? What do you really enjoy?

If you are really having trouble deciding, research some of the courses or even ask some of the students at the university subforums here.

bambii

HSC
I've looked up all the courses they are all really interesting and i do well in maths, chem and english. Dont do legal studies regret that. As for fashion I do a T-VET course and I enjoy that too. So hard to decide!!!!!!!!!

Law: I think i can get into it...sounds really interesting and challenging
Med: If i did do this it would be a post grad course. I like the idea that i would be helping people... seems alot more fulfilling
Business: If i choose fashion or Law I would do it with this.
Fashion: something I've always wanted, I probably enjoy it as much as the others but very hard to succeed could end with reallyyyy low pay :(

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Then probably order your preferences in terms of highest to lowest UAI, if you really can't find anything to weed out, since you like them all so much. Also ask around here about the workload, the content, of the courses you're considering. I know many people think medicine is oh-so-great--which it is--but they don't know that there's a massive workload with it, i.e. study all the time. Fashion--you've gotta make the cut if you wanna make a living out of it, which can be hard. Law and business--no idea. Remember, you're looking at spending at least two years at uni, up to six so you gotta know what you're getting yourself into.

Season

HSC
Here's my two cents

medicine, you have to be really really dedicated. You have to really want it and strive for it because there is so much work you will have to do for it, its an extremly intensive course and will leave not much room to do well to fit in other stuff like partying.

Plus you are doing it as a post grad course, you could do any course before hand.

In law, at least at ANU they really push for you to do a double degree, so you could do law/bus law/sci law/arts arts/bus etc.

You could also as an elective chuck in a fashion course and if you really like it then you could swap to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)