• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do u prepare for english? (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
hi ppls
im in yr11 doing advanced + extension english

wondering how u can generally study for it.. ie. not studying for tests etc but just getting better prepared for English in general

thnx.. greatly appreciated

jellybeenz

HSC
I don't really know what you mean- but for extension I'd say know your texts really well, do your work (yes, all of it!!), listen to your teacher and take your own notes to read over.

When you get an assesment or just a piece of homework back- ask your teacher how you can make it better and discuss it with others in your class.

If you mean just how to get better at your english skills- I guess just read heaps and think about things as your reading them i.e. context, values, themes, interesting characters etc. Think about how anything you read could relate to something else.

I don't know if thats what your asking for but its my advice.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i would say to make notes. make basic essays, and learn them in point form (not word for word!)

better prepare dfor eng - read texts! read them again if you can! be familar with techniques, the syllabus, past questions, creative writing, think of possible creative writing tasks/ characters / settings, follow up your mistakes, never give up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)