• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do you get good at unseens (2 Viewers)

nyanyanyan

HSC
i can memorise the declensions, genders, conjugations, tenses, whatever, but how do i know what form it is in if there are multiple possibilities? like if a word i don't recognise ends in an -is, it could be a pl 1st/2nd dat/abl noun/adj, a gen 3rd noun/adj, a 3rd dec nom adj, a verb, a masc pl acc noun mostly in poetry but i came across an unseen where CICERO the JACKASS used it in prose anyways, you can't even tell for certain if a verb is present or perfect for sure if it ends in -it or whatever unless you recognise the word from before, is it the only way to memorise every word that i've came across so far, not just their meanings, but their declensions/conjugations too? maybe dictionary work disproportionately affects me because i can only recite the abcs forward but i long for the past where they would give you a vocab list of all the words you had to memorise and if a word wasn't there they would put it below with its information. is this a skill issue? should i just practice more? should i take some time out to remember what letter goes before what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)