How Do You Get State Ranks? (1 Viewer)

jamo4

HSC
Hi all,

Would anyone know how one would get a state rank? Is it the highest raw mark that one achieves in the HSC exam or is there some other way of calculating it. Currently, I am ranked number 1 in Bio at SGS with an internals mark around 99 so I'm hoping I can get a state rank.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
State ranks are determined based on students' HSC marks. An HSC mark in a subject (in this case Biology) constitutes the average of the Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance in a particular subject) and the Examination Mark (the mark that reflects your performance in the HSC exam of a particular subject).

Being a Top Achiever typically requires a student to achieve a very high HSC mark, which implies the preferred outcome of being ranked first in your cohort. The good thing is, your excellent rank in Biology and the fact that you attend a high-ranking school indicate that you are part of an academically capable cohort, which in turn suggests that you are capable of getting a state rank. Achieving this goal will require optimal preparation for your Biology HSC exam. Not only is it essential to achieve the highest possible Examination Mark, but because you are ranked first, achieving the highest Examination Mark in your cohort means that your Assessment Mark will be the same as your Examination Mark as a result of the moderation process.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)