• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do you record verbal notes onto MP3? (1 Viewer)

shayla

HSC
Hi
I dont know where this goes, so if it gets moved that is ok.

Ive heard/seen alot on this forum about recording your notes verbally onto an MP3/Ipod.

Im still learning with my MP3, so how would i get speech etc onto a cd? cause i know how to then transfer it to my MP3 but not onto a cd first, cos i know that you can press record on a tape player, but what would you do with a cd player?

shayla

HSC
how can i record my voice to a cd/computer then?

im totally clueless on this type of things.

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
do you have speakers or headphones?

you start talking into either the speaker or LEFT (THIS IS IMPORTANT, NOT THE RIGHT) earphone and it will automatically record and appear on your desktop in .mp3 format.

shayla

HSC
what do you mean "start talking into the speaker?" what program woould i have to go into?

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
Yeah, you'll have to do both at the same time. go upto your cd player and start talking into it and just hold your mp3 earphones to your mouth (THE LEFT ONE).

shayla

HSC
whilst a blank cd is in the cd player(which is my bedroom) then take that cd that has the recording on it and put it into the computer and then plug my MP3 chord into the computer? or am i totally off it.

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
yeah, you'll need a blank cd in the player - turn it on and start talking.

zy

HSC
i never listen to my recorded notes, hence i don't do it anymore.
i don't see the point, really.

shayla

HSC
Yeah Ok thanks, i tried to put a blank cd into my cd player and tried to talk into my headphone thingy but nothing happened.....it just stayed blank

Last edited:

shayla

HSC
so speak into the left speaker (of cd player) and hold up my headphones into my right ear or something, yes? also what if the blank cd is a new one and it just stays on "00" is that correct?

Last edited:

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
Yes, while doing a handstand.

You've gotta be doing a handstand because if you don't the voice molecules will be distorted due to increased range of oxygenated methamphetamines hitting thomas the tank engine in his shed.

p.s. i'll actually help now :p. You need to buy a microphone to record your voice to the computer, then you'll get an .mp3 file from doing that which you can transfer to your ipod or a cd.

Last edited:

zy

HSC
KING CAL said:
Yes, while doing a handstand.

You've gotta be doing a handstand because if you don't the voice molecules will be distorted due to increased range of oxygenated methamphetamines hitting thomas the tank engine in his shed.
:rofl:

shayla

HSC
I have a computer microphone, does that help or not?

haha i cant do a handstand cause i have a disability.... ive tried and it failed miserably.

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
shayla said:

haha i cant do a handstand cause i have a disability.... ive tried and it failed miserably.
lol, you actually tried?

shayla

HSC
of course i did but not then lol it was a few years ago.... i was trying to copy my friends....... anyways, so would i need a new mic or would my computer one work?

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
your computer one should work, i'm not sure where exactly you can record files but try this:

click start > control panel > sounds and audio devices > speech > down to voice recording and click advanced, i think it's in there but i don't have a microphone so i can't check.

shayla

HSC
got it and changed it but then how do i test it lol?

thanks for all your help

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
shayla said:

Oh, this thread is magnificent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)