• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you study for bio? (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Wriet notes by each of the syllabus points and write out pracs an try to memorize! Aha.

Also, watching videos, reading extra material and so on can help. But first of all make sure you know the basics; because these are the most iportant! :uhhuh:

Goodluck! :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Yeah, that helps; but go to each syllabus point and answer it (with your notes) then you learn these syllabus points; and you shoudl be set! :uhhuh: You just have to keep going over and over them and practicing and practicing the skills needed! (and explained in the Biology Syllabus) :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Ahh, don't worry; you've got plenty of time to get up to date! :uhhuh: Biology isn't until Friday of the 2nd week of the exams! :)

dramonis

HSC
once you've read and commited your notes to memory, find a syllabus and see if you can answer the dot points. Or you could just take a syllabus and then make questions out of each of the points than try answering them.

For example, you know the dot point about how things are carried in the blood you can make up a question like this:
How is oxygen, nitrogenous waste, lipids, water... carried in the blood.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
i do the dot points.

then i go through the questions in Sucess one

then i do the practise papers in Sucess one.

i think thats a pretty solid study method, spend a day doing the dot points, then another day doing the practise questions, then for me, i have 3 days before my bio exam, so i'll do 1 practise paper a day.

cataleptic

HSC
Here's what I dooo-

1. Get a copy of the syllabus, cut it up and stick the dot poitns in your book where the information is. That way, you know if you're missing anything because you'll have leftover dotpoints. it also helps you to familiarise with your notes.

2. Using the syllabus, I write out a summary, with the corresponding information under each dot point. Warning: can take a while...

3. I make a seperate summary of the things I found difficult to understand or remember. Then I make a point of rewriting it until I can remember it.

4. Then do practise exams and questions and get my teacher to mark them if possible, to get feedback. This isn't always possible so it's a good idea to get a reliable workbook with questions with worked answers.

Yeah that's me. Rawk.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
WOW!! that whole cutting up syllabus, sticking in idea is FANTASTIC!! thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)