• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How Do You Write A General... (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
How do you write a general coverletter you can send to various employers with your resume.

Any sample format is MUCH appreciated.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
Lazy Korean,
before you worry about content or indeed layout , you should empathise a managers position. If he/she opened a letter from a prospective employee then it would have to be very appealing for them to look at it long enough for you to get that much needed call.

I suggest you create an elaborate letterhead/margin document with a generalised few paragraphs about yourself and why you want employment with X persons firm. Make sure your document (thats what i like to call it) is professional, no spelling mistakes and try to make it original.

I have a resume that features a thumnail pic from my latest black tie event on a pine green letterhead/margin layout: It looks professional but a little too professional for the kinds of jobs we are after. Always consider what job your applying for and try to make it relevant.

Bear in mind: People will always say its the content thats important but rarely will employers overlook a professional, colourful document from someone committed enough to make it.

If you want some more ideas or a look at my work, dont hesitate to PM me.

My $0.02

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)