How do you write a rationale? (1 Viewer)

budfox26

HSC
N/A
Ive created a visual representation using billy elliot and my supp. text but now I need to write a 250 word rationale. How do I do this exactly? What am I writing about? Do I need to intro/introduce both texts like an essay? I'm a little confused.

Kat92

HSC
You need to write about:

S- Setting
C- Colour
O- Object
B- Body language
F- Fashion

F- Framing
A- Angle
L- Lighting
S- Shutter spead
E- Editing

Juxtaposition, Vectors, Text, Symbolism, etc.

In your response: yes, you could briefly introduce both texts that you utilised to create the visual representation. From there you need to write how these visual devices convey/ portray what you have selected as the main message(often just the elective description) for the prescribed and related text.

Kat92

HSC
For example from the 2009 standard english paper question 1a was a visual. These were some points discussed very much what you will need to do with the above in my previous post:

*visual metaphor of the home/house at the centre, cradled by the hands

*home/house symbolic of place, family, security, safety and nurturing: a community symbolised in the joining of human hands to support the house/home

*open door of the home/house, symbolic of welcoming: the finger opening the door to the community/home

*many hands combine to support and cradle the house/home

*cradled hands suggests the importance of nurturing of connections: finger is an individual element but is part of a greater whole just as the individual is

*hands as symbols of belonging, acceptance and support

*multi-layered hands building a single supporting structure

*layered hands dominate the visual image specially suggesting that human beings are central to building and sustaining relationships and a sense of ‘home’

*metaphor and symbolism of the connected hands – ‘lending a hand’ as a metaphor for acceptance, support and collaboration

*hands of different ages/generations and races/backgrounds, suggesting the concept of belonging encompasses the need for integration, inter-generational inclusiveness and working together to support and fulfil aspirations to belong

*visual representation of house/home is universally recognisable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)