• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you write a thesis for discussion based questions? (1 Viewer)

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
I am uncertain on how to properly write a thesis for a discussion since you have to take multiple sides of the argument, so my thesis becomes ambivalent and lengthy. Can someone provide me an explaination and example thesis for a discussion question?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You haven't clarified what you mean by a discussion question. A discussion question can be understood as either a question for discussion amongst a group of people (for a class assessment) or a question requiring you to discuss the ideas in a text in relation to a particular area of the rubric. It is all a matter of how well you understand your texts and the discovery rubric and a matter of practice. For example, say if a question is discuss the importance of self-belief in discovering one's identity,

thesis 1 might be: self-belief is vital to facilitate the discovering of one's identity as it catalyses one's desire to proactively understand their cultural heritage.
Thesis 2 might be: Text 2 demonstrates in contrast that the importance of self-belief can be undermined by excessive reliance on hostile perceptions that barricades one from discovering their true identity.

Hope this helps a bit:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)