• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How does I cure headache? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
My headaches seem weird, they always seem to have a "sign" before hitting me completely.

I normally get blurred vision in part of my vision before I get the headache, and when I do - it's often concnetrated to a certain area (mainly my eyebrow area or my temples).

I doesnt' feel throbby, just sharp pains.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Jess007

HSC
migrane??
sometimes ifu go to the docotr,t hey'll prescribe u some strong head ache pills. my friends on them, when u feel the sign of one coming on u have 1 of these pills and they make u feel bette, u might still get a slight head ache, but not the full migrane

if that helps?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
there are quite a few causes of headaches/migraines.

some things to consider:

- Have you considered getting your eyes checked? strain on the eyes is one of the most frequent causes of headaches.

- Food allergies? do you get them after eating a particular food?

- Do you get enough sleep?

- Do you wear anything that could cause tension to areas like your temples? tight sunglasses / glasses, anything like that?

In terms of pain management, Migraines are often light sensitive. Take some painkillers, and go to bed in a dark room. Something like Mersyndol (an over the counter painkiller) will help you get to sleep because it has a rather high codeine content and has a component that will make you drowsy.

Other pain medications include panadol (paracetamol), nurofen (ibuprofen which is an anti-inflammatory) nurofen + (ibuprofen and codeine), mersyndol (mostly codeine).
If you find you need something stronger, Panadeine 15 is the painkiller with the highest amount of codeine in it that you can get over the counter at a chemist. It will always be approved by a pharmacist before you buy it.

If you find you need stronger, panadeine forte is available via prescription, but should only be taken in very infrequent, extreme pain situations.

Every pharmacist you talk to will advise you against taking high levels of codeine because its not very good for you, so if you are needing to take a lot of painkillers frequently, you need to see your GP.

Generally speaking, consult your GP if you still find pain management to be a problem. As well as that Im sure there are alternative medicine suggestions you can try, i just dont know much about that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
First of all, thanks for all the suggestions, but I dislike relying on drugs too much (been at it alot, shit immune system).

scaredytiger said:
getting off the computer, at least to sleep.
I posted it after I slept, I woke up and it's still there but to a lesser degree. Another issue I find is that when I shake my head, even so slightly, the "pain" area feels like theres a heavy steel ball in it, painful as.

michael1990

HSC
Do you wear Glasses?

if not you may need them.

Stress could be another cause?

Pretty much relax. Have a snooze.

Drink plenty of water. No caffine.

m&ss2008

HSC
tommy mate, its all the 4unit maths mr hughes is making us do.
get some rest before 3u, mr shirley makes tough tests.

(simon by the way)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Nat3skiz said:
yeh that could stop the pain.
If only I lived in a say, straight house without having to turn my head to get into the rooms, I would.

Wesker

HSC
N/A
I'm not going to mention anything that has previously been mention.
i'd suggest certain music like hemi-sync rythems (sycronises both hemispheres of your brain and lowers brain waves (Hz).
Also Pressure point are good, it hard to know where they are, but a common 'efficient' one is between your index finger and your thumb (about 2-maby 3cm in from the between the 2 fingers) you will be able to feel a little 'lump', squeeze it semi-tight and hold for awhile.

Otherwise, vitamin c and e suppliments can help.
Another idea would be (if your diet it high in sugar) to eat complex carbohydrates instead of sugar.

Peace.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I hate migraine auras (where your vision blurs before getting a massive headache). I used to get them a lot, but I learned how to make them go away and prevent the headache.

1. Water. Drink lots of it.
2. Food. Have something substantial, at least try to get your sugar level up a bit.
3. Rest. Sit down in the shade.

These things work for me, but nowadays I eat well so I don't get migraine auras anymore.

quik.

HSC
tommykins said:
If only I lived in a say, straight house without having to turn my head to get into the rooms, I would.
A slight turn and a shake are pretty different things. If you really need to shake your head to change direction, plz to be uploading on youtube.

Towelie

HSC
tommykins said:
My headaches seem weird, they always seem to have a "sign" before hitting me completely.

I normally get blurred vision in part of my vision before I get the headache, and when I do - it's often concnetrated to a certain area (mainly my eyebrow area or my temples).

I doesnt' feel throbby, just sharp pains.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

It's a brain tumour!

Inoperable.

Only a toke can save you now.

Ithilethiel

HSC
As others mentioned: get your eyes checked.
You may think your vision is perfect but you'll be surprised what an eyetest can reveal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)