how does the sc work? (1 Viewer)

philzy

HSC
hey evrybody,

i am interested to see how the sc works?

i have heard things that we already pass or something. e.g. ppl say that we get 50% straight away jus by putting our name on the paper. if this is true how do we get our overall mark. do we get (50% + our total mark from the test and divide that by 2)
if any 1 knows i will be interested to know.

thanks,
philzy.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yvonne.cheng said:
Hahahaha, I heard that as long as you turn up for your SC, you pass. Like literally, just sit down, attempt it. You've passed. Thats what my teachers say ^^
One of my teachers who marks the SC said that they practically give you marks for writing something even if it's utter BS.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think it's more your attendance (school-wise and sitting the exam) rather than the sole act of putting your name down.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yvonne.cheng said:
Hahaha seriously ?
Don't quote me on that one, that's what he told me. And it's funny because his one of the hardest markers i have.

robo-andie

HSC
I had always thought the SC worked just like any other exam, you sit down, do the exam (and you can't fail unless you make a non-serious attempt or don't attend) and the mark you get on the paper is what you end up with (expressed as a percentage).
Your SC is basically just a piece of paper that says you have completed YR10 and lets you begin YR11, it is only really important if you are leaving afterwards and need it for a job.

I don't think the marking of the SC is as involved as the HSC.

And no, you don't get 50% just for putting your name down. They aren't assessing your ability to write your own name, giving you marks for this would be pointless.
The only reason you wouldn't pass though (as I said before) is if you didn't attend, or didn't make a serious attempt. I think they count band 1's and the lower band 2's as non-serious attempts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)