• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How does UAC find out my UAI (1 Viewer)

oct25

HSC
I completed the HSC in 2008.

I'm now applying for 2010 through UAC, but I've forgotten my previous UAC number (the one I had during my HSC year).

How then do they manage to find out what my UAI was?

Thanks.

Andi0390

HSC
I believe there is a state register for UAIs and their equivalents. All the university admissions places have access to these registers.

Remember the UAI is not calculated by your school but by the BSSS and their equivalents.

The information will also be linked to your name and your BSSS number. I believe they would just type in your last name into a computer and find details there.

oct25

HSC
I believe there is a state register for UAIs and their equivalents. All the university admissions places have access to these registers.

Remember the UAI is not calculated by your school but by the BSSS and their equivalents.

The information will also be linked to your name and your BSSS number. I believe they would just type in your last name into a computer and find details there.
Thank you!

Could you elaborate on what the BSSS number is by the way, because a few people may have the same name and without the the UAC number, how could they be sure who's who?

Andi0390

HSC
Thank you!

Could you elaborate on what the BSSS number is by the way, because a few people may have the same name and without the the UAC number, how could they be sure who's who?
The UAC number just refers to your application not to your UAI. You should have been given a BSSS number when you started primary school (if you did any schooling in NSW you should have one - although it may have been called something else until high school) and it may or may not have been your student ID. It will be on your Year 12 Certificate, and possibly your year 10 and school reports.

Failing that it is extremely unlikely that anyone will have the same first, middle and last name (you have to supply your full legal name) as well as the same date of birth and attended the same high school, this is all information you give when applying to UAC and from this they access your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)