• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How fast do you read? (4 Viewers)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Just curious.

I think I'm a really slow reader. It takes me about a minute to read each page.
And I know that it depends on the size of the page and words, but just an estimate, on average

G

Gavvvvvin

I can read pretty fast . . . like big fat books easily in one day.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i'm a fairly fast reader.....depending on the text! if its 'emma' by jane austen it takes me about 5 hours to read 4 pages!! hehehe :D

SipSip

HSC
N/A
depends on the book, if it's engaging...i seriously don't know how long it took...i think i read for 20 hrs straight once...read an entire series of book i bought....

But yeah...normalli i can probably do around 80-90 pgs an hour...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I read fast, faster than anyone else in all my classes. I don't keep time or nothing
The longest book to read was Emma. I kept falling asleep, getting bored and doing something else etc. It took me three days.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Used to read a book in a day or so, but now I just don't have the time so it takes me a while.

J

jhakka

I read quickly. How long I can pay attention varies with the book, though.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I'm a fast reader but that is deffinetly dependant on the text involved..Harry potter for instance i could not put down and finished in like 4 hours..i hate reading quickly though because you dont really savour it and its the books you read slowly cause you dont care for them, every word sinks in.. :rolleyes:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I'm known to be a fast reader ( I can read a new book for a related text the day before an exam hahaha) but if it's a book i'm being forced to read (and I dont like it) then the speed slows down...dramatically :p lol

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
silvermoon said:
im a fast reader - but i luuuuuuuuuv to read - hmmm, i talk fast too - maybe its just a thing. i go nowhere without a book of some sort.
Haha, thank god I'm not the only weirdo out there that reads and speaks too fast.

MoNNiE

HSC
have no idea..
all i know is i can read the de vinci code in one day

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
I read fast, faster than anyone else in all my classes. I don't keep time or nothing
The longest book to read was Emma. I kept falling asleep, getting bored and doing something else etc. It took me three days.
thats me... except I didn't bother reading Emma. After I hadn't finished it in a day.. I got bored and didn't bother. It's only HSC english...

santaslayer

HSC
I can probably read 15 or so pages in an hour, usually in Times New Roman, 8-10 size font....takes time to digest the information, reading for the sake of killing time dosen't really mean your're reading...practically anyway. :)

Mizuki

HSC
N/A
I can read fast if the book I'm reading is one I like...but I'm super slow if it's something I don't like.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm slow in almost everything I do. I tend to not notice the time when I'm reading, though. I am not in a race and there is little point in ripping through a great book/article.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)