How good are the professors at Macquarie for Actuarial Studies? (1 Viewer)

mtran75

HSC
I am not sure if this is true, however my friend told me that Macquarie has bad professors since most can't speak english.

Wizjaro

HSC
I've met with some of them(yes ik extra) and they seem to be fine in my opinion. At least the ones I spoke to anyway.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Just a friendly reminder to please post threads in their relevant forum. For example, this is a thread about Macquarie University, meaning it should be posted in the Macquarie University forum. Thank you! 😄

icycledough

HSC
I am not sure if this is true, however my friend told me that Macquarie has bad professors since most can't speak english.
Really depends on the individuals, as some people are inherently more subjective than others when it comes to these sorts of issues ... most professors may not mean actuarial professors, which I can assume you would want to worry about. But I agree it's pretty much impossible to know right now what they are like. But that shouldn't be the only deterring factor which moves you away if you do want to study actuarial at Macquarie. Regardless of if you do it at UNSW or Macquarie, the course will be brilliant, with knowledgeable lecturers and excellent resources for you to use. As you can't control that at all, I wouldn't worry about these external circumstances.

quickoats

HSC
Completely wrong. In fact the English ability of the lecturers I had at MQ is better than some of the ones at UNSW.
The person (not sure if she's still taking it) who lectures the intro actl unit is great! Maths staff is also pretty good, and the first year actuarial statistics lecturer is pretty good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)