• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how hard is jessup? (1 Viewer)

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
anyone here done jessup? exactly how intense is it? somewhere around 30hrs per week in the library over the summer holidays or does it involve staying there after hours (with your after hours access) and literally sleeping there on a mattress your team mates brought in?

Letters

Banned
HSC
HAHAHAHA. Thanks for forever turning me off Law. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
the UNSW team last year (came runner-up in the world finals in Washington) spent the entire summer preparing in the moot courts, an average of 8 hours a days, 7 days a week. this is on top of their having done/doing Public International Law subjects. i don't think they took Christmas/New Year's off. it is a really big commitment.

Letters

Banned
HSC
Frigid said:
the UNSW team last year (came runner-up in the world finals in Washington) spent the entire summer preparing in the moot courts, an average of 8 hours a days, 7 days a week. this is on top of their having done/doing Public International Law subjects. i don't think they took Christmas/New Year's off. it is a really big commitment.
Wow, that's impressive. Were you part of the team?

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
wow that is hardcore. makes the external moot i did back in august seem pretty amateur and yet i found that to be "hard work". looks like i should leave jessup til my final year when i've built enough mental muscle to handle it (and assuming i get selected...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)