how important are assessment tests? (1 Viewer)

P

prsce24

how important are the topic tests that are taken occasionally compared to the trials and the actual hsc test?

also, does the hsc exams count 50% of the whole thing?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Assessments (other than trials) count for 30% overall, so of course they're important. And yes HSC does count for 50%.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
withoutaface said:
Assessments (other than trials) count for 30% overall, so of course they're important. And yes HSC does count for 50%.
Unless they have changed the rules, the weighting of the assment tasks is at the discretion of the individual school.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
McLake said:
Unless they have changed the rules, the weighting of the assment tasks is at the discretion of the individual school.
I'm guessing that most schools have trials in the 30-40% range though.

P

prsce24

shit 30% is alot...
what i know is
hsc 50%
trial 40%
half yearly 5%
little assessments 5%

gabn

HSC
ok 50% hsc 50% school mark, school marked is worked out by adding your classes hsc marks together and giveing them out again in school rank order.

how the school does it marks/rank is really up the the school/teacher.

I have a one person class so i get 100% hsc mark as what mark i get for the hsc will be what i get for the school mark.

yeah so how important those small topic test are depend on how much it changes your rank order in the class.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
prsce24 said:
shit 30% is alot...
what i know is
hsc 50%
trial 40%
half yearly 5%
little assessments 5%
Trial takes up 40% of your internal assessments, meaning it takes up 20% overall.

Jase

HSC
Its like this. They take your rank and who ever gets that rank in the HSC test.. their mark becomes part of your aggregate. i.e. Say your coming 3rd. The marks of scaled HSC by rank in your class are 1st - 95, 2nd - 94 3rd -93. Then you get that 93 regardless of what you got in your HSC. Now lets say your the one who came first in that test with the 95. Your aggregate will be (95 + 93) / 2 . I think.
Thats why james ruse do so well because everyones smart and drag each other up lol. Last place at james ruse could be first place at some other school. Hence the guy who comes last in the grade still gets a great mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)