• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how important are prelims for early entry (2 Viewers)

afourgridbook

HSC
i know everyone talks abt the importance of doing well in prelims to have a good chance at early entry, but how well do you have to do realistically to get into maybe a high-ish course at uts or something.

Neogotmyback

HSC
uts early entry is SUPER competitive, but other unis like uow or uws have a higher acceptance rate for early entry. Id assume you would have to get pretty great grades to be accepted to uts for early entry. Uws lists minimum grades for year 11 on their website if you did apply there, but its coming out tomorrow anyway. If you have already submitted your applications then there is nothing else you can really do. My advice is just focus on doing you best in the hsc right now nad everything will work itself out.

afourgridbook

HSC
nah i’m doing my prelims next week and i don’t wanna be unnecessarily stressed if they really don’t count for much. and im not even planning to accept any offers if i get any, its just a backup plan in case my hsc goes badly 😭

Neogotmyback

HSC
nah i’m doing my prelims next week and i don’t wanna be unnecessarily stressed if they really don’t count for much. and im not even planning to accept any offers if i get any, its just a backup plan in case my hsc goes badly 😭
Honestly, just do your best. I wish I hadn't pushed myself as hard as I did in prelim. Just make sure you pass everything and you should be fine. Good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)