How important is your school? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
haque said:
As well as ruse do, they don't get even 1/3 of the co-ops-cos its not just academic but ur leadership and communication skills count(that's where public speaking comp ranks and debating helped). if u get predicted of 99 and do really well in interview and ur extra curriculars are really good then yes-some of my friends got rejected and they had predicted uais of 99.4 and one got shortlisted when his predicted was 99.7. But they look for other qualities than just academic and not all scholars have uais of over 99-so don't fret and keep extra curriculars and leadership stuff up.

And to Kloudsurfer-the teachers at selective schools aren't necessarily better, there ar3e some good teachers but there are some really hopeless ones(majority). one of the maths classes got taken by a geography teacher for half a year cos the maths teacher was away.
True. Likewise, I go to a public school and we have some great teachers. And a lot of really, really bad ones lol

Anyway what i said was just a generalisation. The average private/selective school does have better teachers than the average public school.

Beege

HSC
Well I have about 5-10 in my year who should just leave now cauz they aren't even trying. This guy got 10% for his software test!! lol and probably the same in every other test he did. I'd say business is my most competitive subject then general maths then standard english, it is easy to get a high rank in software and IPT.

Last edited:

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Well your school matters in the way that generally
crap ranked school = crap teachers, crap resource, cohort that doesnt care = crap marks
as opposed to
high ranked school, usually private or selective = good teachers, good resources, students who care about thier studies = good marks

In that way, the school rank matters. But its not the rank itself, its the factors which result in that rank.
Directly the school rank has no effect on your UAI.

Yes, i go to a crappy school. I whinged about it all last year, but i got over it and learned to accept that the mark you get is up to you. It is up to you how hard you work, how much time you put in, and how motivated you are

That is until you get your crappy hsc marks. Then you can blame your school :)
qft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)