How is everybody going to study for ancient history? (1 Viewer)

caitlinmackay93

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

As you all know its coming up to trials soon, and there is a stack of content for ancient history!

I just want to know how everyone is studying for ancient history?

I've been doing past papers, and looking over sample answers to see if i'm on the right track? What about everyone else?

Feel free to post below!

yew

HSC
writing comprehensive notes, and analysis of significant sources and sites. then i can get into pp's

anexasaved

HSC
The worst bit about this subject is the HUGE amount of content (esp for core) of which a comparatively small amount will be tested. The only way to study is to learn everything for each syllabus point (notes - historians and evidence) and hope they ask you things from sections you know better!

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I've completed my trials already, but here's a few tips I have for you:

- In regards to the CORE: Remember the most you'll get is an 8 mark question (excluding the 10 marker question that assesses section III), so structure BRIEF notes keeping how much you can get assessed. I structured my notes with around 10 points of information per syllabus dot point (and that is still excessive). Also practice multiple choice, and short answer questions (those really annoying 4-6 mark questions drive me bonkers, only cause I could write so much more).
- Have broad knowledge on the CORE, usually the sources in the paper will jog your memory a tad, and from there ideas will formulate.
- Remember to talk about the sources (In regards to the CORE and the SOCIETY!) - if you don't talk about the sources, then you lose heaps of marks!

Then just past papers for Sections II-IV. Especially for Section II, the society - try and complete as many as you can, to give you a broad range of practice.

Best of luck to those of you who have yet still to do your Trials, hopefully they go well! n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)