How long (and personal) is your major work journal? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
My major work journal is looking pretty good (just passed ~300 pages), but it isnt very personal.

That is to say that I've been including sources and drafts of my essay, but havent really used it as a diary to record my thoughts and stuff...

How are your journals going?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
For me, my major work journal was like 15% diary entries (I only did like... 12 or 13 entries all up) and 85% drafts.

Just make sure you do record your thoughts on things like books you've read or people you've talked to that influence your work.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I have about 286 pages and more than 50 percent, probably 55-65 percent, are diary entries where I record my thoughts and feelings. While it did start off a place to record texts that influenced my major work, my work gradually became more personal and my journal took the same turn. Taking a look through my journal, you might find one handout stuck in followed by 15 or so pages of writing from several weeks.

I tend to draw inspiration from the touchy personal entries, as they speak primarily about anxiety and paranoia albeit in a clichéd manner, but it is a fundamental idea in my major work.

I'm still keeping up to date with my reading and I'm making entries on those, but that appears to be greatly overshadowed by the more emotional, personal entries. But at least I'm getting 1-2 pages per entry with each of these personal entries. If I keep at this rate, I might fill out the whole journal before the due date.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't be afraid to need a second book for a journal, by the way. Fill it up and use another if you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)