• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How long does a Bridging course take? (1 Viewer)

MrPillow

HSC
I'm doing well in my school (it's 500th-400th ranked but I'm 2/13 in physics, 3/30 in bio, 2/70 in investigating science, 7/13 in English Advanced, 1/83 in math standard )

However I just do not think I'll meet my atar of 82. My course requires 82 as well. I could opt for adjustment points, so I could get 77 and still get in but I'm unsure.

So how long do those courses take that get you into UTS (specifically biomedical engineering) if my ATAR is short of the 82 minimum? And also, if I am 1 atar point of, would I have some chance of getting in regardless?

I can qualify for being from a low socio-economic area, refugee status, and financial difficulties I guess but I'm just wondering how long those bridging courses take.

Thank you all!

liamkk112

HSC
I'm doing well in my school (it's 500th-400th ranked but I'm 2/13 in physics, 3/30 in bio, 2/70 in investigating science, 7/13 in English Advanced, 1/83 in math standard )

However I just do not think I'll meet my atar of 82. My course requires 82 as well. I could opt for adjustment points, so I could get 77 and still get in but I'm unsure.

So how long do those courses take that get you into UTS (specifically biomedical engineering) if my ATAR is short of the 82 minimum? And also, if I am 1 atar point of, would I have some chance of getting in regardless?

I can qualify for being from a low socio-economic area, refugee status, and financial difficulties I guess but I'm just wondering how long those bridging courses take.

Thank you all!
bridging courses refer to short courses that help you catch up on some subject that will be a core part of ur degree that u didn't study in high school eg theres a physics bridging course if u never did physics in high school, so that when you start uni you're not missing the hsc physics knowledge. i don't think that's what you're referring to

i think you probably mean like a diploma of engineering where you would complete the diploma and be offered entry to a uni degree, atar doesn't matter then (something like https://utscollege.edu.au/au/programs/diplomas/diploma-of-engineering). you can do it in 8-12 months, however i prob wouldn't recommend that unless if you cant get in through the following ways:
  1. atar entry - u might still get in
  2. early entry - you can still apply for early entry but it closes in a few days, id really recommend that bc it means you only need to get 70 atar or something if you're offered a place, its free too and generally they will give a lot of people early entry and aren't too strict (https://www.uts.edu.au/study/underg...ts/admissions-schemes/uts-early-entry-program)
  3. EAS - this is entry scheme for disadvantages students basically, one is the schools recommendation scheme where u just need to ask your careers advisor/principal to sign off, the other is called inpUTS where u just have to write a statement i believe, more info here https://www.uts.edu.au/study/underg...admissions-schemes/educational-access-schemes
stuff like diplomas are really the worst comes to worst option if u can't get in through those methods, since they're much more expensive than a regular degree (although u can still defer to the government i believe) and also time spent

Test-king12

HSC

Thank you all!
no offence i would not call that doing pretty well in your school if you are falling short of even achieving an 82

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)