• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many children do you want? (2 Viewers)

How many children do you want?

• Zero

Votes: 8 9.4%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 29 34.1%

Votes: 29 34.1%

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

firehose

HSC
There's not a month or week that goes past without a mention in the media about Australia's record low fertility rates. At 1.75 babies per woman, we are below the replacement level and so must rely on immigration and higher life expectancy to sustain our population. But even this is only a temporary solution and as the more populous older generation goes into retirement the aged care costs will be enormous. Social and economic analysts say that a low birth rate will probably harm our economy's longevity although some disagree, and of course there are environmentalists or others who say that Australia is at an optimum population level and the birth rate is perfect.
As we are more or less the future generation, I would just like to know if you people want children? And if so, how many? And have you ever thought about how you are going to balance work and parenthood successfully too? Personally i'd like about 4 children but of course things always turn out as unplanned and chances are what will actually happen will turn out differently.

Riewe

HSC
Even though i'm not thinking of being a father at the moment, i would one day like to have at least 2 children. I think that one is really not all that great, but at leats you only have one little terror running around. Maybe after 2, when the kids are older and mature, then i may want more, but 2 is a good number.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Could we all try and discuss the fertility/carrying capacity issue, too? Sorry, but if the thread is to remain in this section we shouldn't just state whether we want a certain number of children. Just a suggestion...

Edit: Even though the member just asked for us to state how many children we would like, that is.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i wish waf was my child so i could beat him for kicks....:)
Pffft you just want to put your felafel in my hand:(

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Well, it dpends really on how old you are, how your partner feels, what happens happens. Sometimes you just can't plan for these things. You might only want one child, and end up having 3 or 4. As for me, I'll see when it comes to that time in my life. I know I want kids at som stage, but as to how many and what sex etc, I don't know. I'm an only child, so I'd likle to have more than one child. Not that bing an only child is bad or anything, but you miss out on alot of things that siblings get to do.I will never b a proper aunty, I never got to share clothes and tease my siblings...so there we go folkes, that's my opinion...

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Two. Id like to have them when Im settled with a job with a steady income and my own house.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'd like to have about 3 kids.... when I am much older of course. I would like to have mine spread out a bit in age though because I think it is too hard when they are really close in age. It would depend though on my partners wants as well... and of course, you can't plan everything in life!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
as many as i am blesed with
i would like 5
but i will settle for 3
coz that way i only need a 5 seater car
but its not about how many seats in ur car u want
i want 5 kids
but 3 is good
and i want them no more then 2 years apart
but once again..whatever..

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i want 2 kids- first to be aboy then a girl
but any sex would be good as long as its healthy
any more is too much

rumour

HSC
soha said:
as many as i am blesed with
i would like 5
but i will settle for 3
coz that way i only need a 5 seater car
but its not about how many seats in ur car u want
i want 5 kids
but 3 is good
and i want them no more then 2 years apart
but once again..whatever..
5 in two years?!?!?

lol...good luck :p

rumour

HSC
soha said:
lol 2 years apart
but omg..that gives me an idea
triplets one year..and twins the next year
oh that wud be so cool..
Dude you are going to have 5 kids under the age of five ................so like I said gooooood luck.

You will need it:p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)