• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many finish 2u Exam... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Similar to the 3u and 4u forums threads by the same name.

How many 2u students actually finish the exam and have time to look over answers etc.

(this is mainly directed towards people in the know how or past students etc.)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Plenty would finish it, a much higher proportion than the higher maths subjects. I did the 2004 hsc in about 1.5 hours but im sure there would be others who could do it quicker. Doing it so quick probably cost me in the end.

FinalFantasy

HSC
i nvr did the 2u HSC, but i did some 2u past papers, usually take about 1.5hrs

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
But didn't you get 100, acmilan?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
Similar to the 3u and 4u forums threads by the same name.

How many 2u students actually finish the exam and have time to look over answers etc.

(this is mainly directed towards people in the know how or past students etc.)
i did the 2004 hsc paper in about ~2 hours (exc q10). so that left me with plenty of time to check over my answers. shame i didn't correct most of my errors :mad:

yeah, i didn't do too well (88) but imo i don't think the paper is very difficult to "finish".

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Yes I do, I wrote up the answers to all my questions on the exam paper that we can take home. The errors were in a coordinate geometry question and one of those population growth questions. I realised the population one was wrong straight after i left. The coordinate one i realised after i re did it.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
acmilan said:
Plenty would finish it, a much higher proportion than the higher maths subjects. I did the 2004 hsc in about 1.5 hours but im sure there would be others who could do it quicker. Doing it so quick probably cost me in the end.

1.5 hours.... talk about turbo...

the last time i practiced a full 2 unit paper was for my half yearlies... i managed to complete it in about 2 hours and 15 minutes...

although i did complete the actual half yearly exam in 1 hour and 45 minutes... but that's because questions 9 and 10 were relatively easy.. compared to those in the actual HSC exams...

by the way.. did u manage to make it into the top achievers in course list for 2004?
I mean with a 99 i'd expect u did...?

monique66

Stop bragging you all :(
I'm slow and useless at maths
*cries*
My trial was really long and i didn't have time to check anything!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
damnation said:
Stop bragging you all :(
I'm slow and useless at maths
*cries*
My trial was really long and i didn't have time to check anything!
lol.. if it makes u feel any better.. I only got 82%... lol...

however that exam was more focused on speed... i need to make sure what happened to me in the school certificate doesn't happen in the HSC .. (i.e. when it really counts)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it doesnt really bother me when i finish.....i jus do the ones that are easiests then the hard ones at the end...prob can do it in 2 hrs but remember theres no use doing it fast then gettin shit marks in the end wots the point of it? rather be slow and correct then fast with silly errors along the way its gonna cost ya

P

pLuvia

was it possible to get a band E4 in ext1 maths in 2001?? or was the highest for ext 1 maths band E3??

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
physician said:
by the way.. did u manage to make it into the top achievers in course list for 2004? I mean with a 99 i'd expect u did...?
I came 3rd overall.

kadlil said:
was it possible to get a band E4 in ext1 maths in 2001?? or was the highest for ext 1 maths band E3??
34.57% of people got E4 in 2001

FinalFantasy

HSC
kadlil said:
of course! and also i think there's usually quite a few ppl who get 100.00 for ext1 maths each year

HSC
perhaps some feedback from some non-3u and 4u students as i'd expect they can process what is going faster than a standard 2u student.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I did last year's 2U paper in around 2 hours, and that would have given me a max. mark of 118. Had I got 118 I would've placed 3rd, so I'd estimate that I probably got 115-116/120. I spent a fair bit of time on two parts and still didn't get them...unfortunately, looking back I realise how stupid I was, but that's always the case with maths - it's almost inevitable.

As for MX1 last year - I used virtually the whole 2 hours with Q1-5 done in about 50 minutes.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, how long do you get, because I'm in Year 11 this year and I'm doing the 2U paper this year, and since we havent learned stuff on 'ln' and 'e^x' just yet and haven got the concepts, I'm supposing it'll take me a while to do the whole test (like 90% of the alloted time), so is it piss easy (maybe I should look at a past paper myself) and doable in little time? Seeing as most of you guys got 95 and above, you'll probably say a quick time, but yeah - give your opinion on a Year 11 person doing the 2U who hasn't learned all the stuff yet (I believe the exams on Oct 24, so there's 3 months)....

FinalFantasy

HSC
whether it's "piss easy" depends on how high level you are:p
some high level people tend to take their time and use the whole 3hrs
some high level people tend to smash the exam as fast as they can and feel relaxed after completing the exam with a lot of time to spare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)