• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many hours will they probably have me work? (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
see, I applied to Oporto at Location X. (well it was location X according to the online application). Location X is open from about 8am - 5:30pm weekends and until 9pm Thursdays which are the days they were looking for someone to apply (listed as a casual position). So they invited me I went there for my interview, and they were confused as they weren't waiting for anyone to interview. They told me that location Y however was the place hiring so I went there... this is my first ever interview so I was really nervous by now (I'm already a really shy person) and I was stressed since I went to the correct location that was listed...

Anyway in the interview she asked and confirmed, that I can work afterschool hours on thursday, and all day weekends. I said yes, however I was thinking about the opening times of the Oporto of Location X. Location Y is open from 7am - 11pm... I don't want to work that late or long, but as I said, I was thinking about the other Oporto as that's where it was supposed to be...

So now I'm thinking.. if they do hire me will hours be discussed? Are they able to ask me to work from 7am-11pm? I'm not 100% sure if it will even be at that location, I feel so confused. maybe they will get me to work at location X? I keep thinking about it and I feel stressed and idk :( is it even considered a casual position if it's a specific time and day?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
they will ask you for your available times and what time suites you most. tell them your in yr 12 also and this will make employees lenient towards your opinion. and you say that opening is at 7am and closing is at 11pm, i highly doubt they will tell you to 16 hour shifts especially as a casual, tbh new casuals are lucky to get max 4hrs. and you say your a shy person, dont be on the interview, tell them your portfolio/resume stuff and just talk a lot and praise the company and say shit like i love bondi meals and eat your chips, lol dont say that. also your aiming 95 atar will require a lot of hard work so dont get to stuck with excess work if you do get the job. and finally GL

pigas

HSC
thanks ^.^ although I guess it doesn't matter now, they replied to me and said my application was unsuccessful :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)