How many of you have applied for pharmacy? (need advice) (1 Viewer)

sev90

HSC
hmm.. dats your opinion as you said.

well ,, what paths can you have with pharmacy careers.. hospital, community, rural, pharmaceutical ... i mean ive read all uni graduate opportunities... it wasn't exciting.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
good luck getting a job in a pharmaceutical company. most drug development is done overseas ;)

sev90

HSC
lolll rcr4gags you have no idea... theres something called biopharmaceutical companies in australia.. it is obvious how ignorant you are.. i suggest you read graduates from monash and rmit and see the places they work in... MELBOURNE!!

nchoy

HSC
Unless you are a phramacist with post grad specialities in certain fields, I think pharmaceutical industries would rather employ biochemists/chemists to do their research

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
nchoy said:
To actually own a pharmacy, u need a ton of money! Yeh u can go to the bank but u still need a fair bit of deposit. It is virtually impossible to open a pharmacy starting from scratch because there are too many restrictions.
A girl in my town (I think she'd be lucky to be 30) opened a pharmacy 2 years ago and now has a staff of 15 ...

Granted there was only one other pharmacy in town, but hers is now bigger...

I'll ask her one day, how she did it...

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
sev90 said:
lolll rcr4gags you have no idea... theres something called biopharmaceutical companies in australia.. it is obvious how ignorant you are.. i suggest you read graduates from monash and rmit and see the places they work in... MELBOURNE!!

haha this coming from someone who has

"or Master of Pharmacy but is boring" in their signature

so why you consider spending $50k on postgraduate pharmacy if even before you start your degree or even accepted into anything for that matter. hahaha

i thought you were going to work in a pharmaceutical research company working on the cure for aids? hahahah

maybe your not so confident of actually getting a job :skip:

now the truth: yes there are heaps of pharmaceutical companies in Australia, but they are more related to sales, accountants, lawyers, liaising with the government. very few are actually doing research.

sev90

HSC
lmao how the hell do you know what sector i want... ill count how many there are i can work in

drug design and development
human clinical trials
drug regulation ,,, ethics for approval of drugs
sales and management.

... i suggest you first research my rmit degree up then talk.. lolz.. you no nufing

donthaveaname

HSC
N/A
danz90 is quite right in saying that community pharmacy does not really have a very high financial return. On top of that, there is a lot of regaulations that as a pharmacist, one has to follow. Working in a retail pharmacy, you have to deal with the general public constantly, not just for health issues either. If you are a pharmacy owner, you have more government department to deal with eg, medicare, health department, pharmacy board & not forgetting tax office.
On the whole, if you are really passionate about pharmacy, go for it, otherwise do think carefully about it.
BTW, I did apply for pharmacy as well.

whats the difference between a community pharmacist and a retail pharmacist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)